Day 1:Spirit Of The Season

Summary: It's the beginning of the holiday season which means preparations begin for the Vanilla Kingdom's holiday tree lighting festival, the offical kick off to the holidays. Join our five heroes along with the help of other cookie as they decorate for the occasion while looking back at some wholesome moments.

The most magical time of the year has returned once more in Earthbread and that means one very special tradition comes back to bring joy to all cookies; it's the annual holiday tree lighting festival held in the Vanilla Kingdom every year, an event everyone looks forward too.

Before anyone knew it, the day of the festival arrived and our five heroes along with Gingerbrave, Black Raisin Cookie, and Strawberry Crepe Cookie have came to help put up the final touches before tonights festival. Pure Vanilla and the others had already made a plan on how to get everything ready; by splitting up into two groups. Gingerbrave, Hollyberry Cookie, Golden Cheese Cookie, and Black Raisin Cookie in one group and the rest of the cookies on the other.

With Gingerbrave's group....

"Oh I just love this time of year. The music, the beautiful holiday lights, just everything about it fills me up with joy. " Gingerbrave said helping put a velvet red bow on a wreath....well he's trying too, but can easily get distracted when he's excited.  "I get it Gingerbrave, the villagers always look forward to it as well but maybe we should try to focus on the task at hand." Black Raisin said. "Black Raisin Cookie is right, we only have little time before the festival tonight." Hollyberry added on. There was a brief moment of silence, the cookies  working on the decor till something caught Cheese's eye. "Hey kid, did I ever told you about the time I taught Pure Vanilla how to ice skate?" Cheese said.  "Pure Vanilla Cookie?...Ice skating?!" said a confused Gingerbrave.  "Pure Vanilla never told us anything about that?" Black Raisin added on.  "Oh yes I remember that day like it was yesterday."

Flashback...

"Aren't you gonna join us on the ice Vanilla?" White Lily asked, already having her ice skates on along with his friends. Yes, the five are decided that today would be the perfect winter day to go ice skating except there was only one problem, he didn't know how to ice skate so he kinda dreaded the day.  "Oh I would love to join you, but I have a little bit of a headache so I'll sit down for a bit, but don't worry about me I'll catch up with you guys. Go ahead." Everyone knew at that point the healer was lying; even his own staff knew that he was lying and even if he did have a headache he can always heal himself. "You aren't scared of a little ice are you? Spill it, we all know that you're lying." Cheese said. "Fine, I never had a headache, I just said that because....how can I say this? I don't know how to ice skate and I thought if I come up with an excuse it would be an easy way out without hurting anyone's feelings." Vanilla admitted. Dark Cacao could relate to him because he was in his shoes once.

"Don't know how to skate?! Why didn't you say so?" Hollyberry said, surprised by the fact. "Like I said Hollyberry, I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I apologize for that." Vanilla replied. Needless to say, everyone was willing to step in to teach Vanilla how to ice skate, with Cheese mainly teaching him the basics. The healer did have some spaghetti legs and slipped from time to time while Cheese on the other hand was fighting for her life to not slip out a snicker. Needless to say, Vanilla now has a new favorite winter hobby.

End of Flashback....

"Sounds like you guys had a good time teaching Pure Vanilla Cookie how to ice skate. Maybe you can teach me and Black Raisin sometime?" Gingerbrave commented. "Ah yes, those were some good times. We would love too." Hollyberry replied. At that moment, they were so into the conversation that they didn't realize that  they finished putting up their decorations. Now they wonder what the other group's istalking about.

Meanwhile with Pure Vanilla's group....

It was already mid-afternoon and the group have decided to sit down and take a little break from all the decorating. A little break never hurted anyone and it's nearly done so why not? That was when White Lily noticed a group of young cookies, looked like a group of friends and were getting ready to do a gift exchange of some sorts; which reminded her of a special moment. "Something on your mind Lily?" Vanilla wondered. "Oh, it just that...those group of cookie across from us it kinda remind me of that gift exchange we did remember?" Lily replied. "The one when Cheese was sulking over...whatever she got? Yep I remember that." Cacao said. Him and Cheese maybe good friends, but sometimes the snottiness and the complaining can get quite unbearable, but they're still good friends.  "Whoa hang on, nobody told me that we're going to get all mushy or whatever. I knew I should've stayed in the lab, callibrating my wafflebots. If anyone needs me I'll be not here." Strawberry Crepe said and walked away.

Flashback (Again)....

"When I said that I require new treasures...this is not what I had in mind." Cheese complained once she opened her present. The five were in fact doing a gift exchange and Golden Cheese just opened up her present, which was a sweater with some gold accents to it. "Oh come on Cheese is not that bad." Hollyberry said, which didn't help one bit. "Yeah, now you have something more seasonal to wear when you're here during the cold months." Vanilla giving out a good point. Cheese wanted to argue more but decided to give in instead and put it on. "This is actually not as bad as I thought it would be." "Better than catching a cold." Cacao commented. Cheese couldn't help but snicker. "Yeah Yeah, whatever Dark caca." That ended with a chase between the two cookies which everyone find it funny, but also worried especially White Lily that they could possibly end up killing each other.

End of Flashback

Before they knew I was almost sunset which meant that the festival starts very soon, so Lily managed to find Strawberry Crepe and finish up the decorations in time and meet the others down. As soon as the sun set for the day every cookie was buzzing with excitement to see the tree and the kingdom all lit up. After a couple performances from the carolers the time came to countdown to light the tree and kingdom and within 10 seconds the whole kingdom was lit with beautiful colors.

(Feel free to listen to this while you read the rest of this story. Find this song quite fitting in my opinion.)

Then as if it was on que, it began to snow; something turly magical. "Did any of you guys added snow to the mix?" Gingerbrave asked. Yes, they were all scratching heads but that didn't matter; it's offically the holidays so let's just enjoy it while it last.

Thank you IcyDixie for your request and I hope you enjoyed it. Yes as you're reading this it about a minute till midnight or already midnight where I'm at, but it doesn't matter and its worth it. Feel free to leave requests in the comments and i'll see you in day 2. bye!!!!