Day 24: A Consul's Christmas Carol Part 1

Summary: Clotted Cream Cookie has lost the spirit of Christmas and everyone is concerned.

It's Christmas eve in the Cremé Republic and every cookie is coming together for parties, even the elders have come together for the last time before they go their seprate way for the holiday recess. The ancients were also invited but none of them were available which was understandable. Other than that, everyone was enjoying themselves...well everyone excpet the consul himself who was cooped up in his office doing some extra paperwork...to much paperwork. Fiancier Cookie was starting to become concerned.

"Sir? With all due respect don't you think you're doing a little too much? You seem stressed."

"It may look like that Financier, but rest assure that I'am perfectly fine. All this paperwork is nothing too me and I'll be able to get this done quickly."

"In time for the holiday party over at House Oyster tonight?"

"I'll think about it. Depending on how far I get."

Financier nodded not wanting to take the conversation any further and took her leave, leaving the consul alone in his office with a bunch of paperwork. "A Holiday party?! Those elders have got be really crazy if they're gonna make me attend that. I'm a consul of this Republic and I don't have time for all this holiday stuff." Clotted said to himself while he continues with the paperwork.

At the Holiday party....

"Financier Cookie how lovely for you too come. Please come in. Help yourself to some drinks and treats." Oyster Cookie greeted the bodyguard.

"Thank you Elder Oyster Cookie." Financier replied. House Oyster had always thrown probably one of the most sophisticated parties and their proud of it. All the elders were there...everyone except for the consul.

"Say Financier, where's that little consul of yours? Isn't he coming?" Captain Caviar Cookie asked.

"I don't know, he said that he'll think about it, but i'm sure that he coming. Please give him some time." Financier replied and the cookie returned to the party. As she socialized with all the other elders she was also keeping an eye on the door, hoping that Clotted Cream would come through those doors. After about an hour of waiting she finally had enough and just walked out not far to Clotted Cream was and literally dragged him.

"What are you doing?! I said that I wasn't going." Clotted said.

"You said that you would think about it. Completely different answer if you think about it. Your're going weather you like it or not." The two cookie made it back to House Oyster where the party was held and all the elders greeted the consul. Clotted Cream only pretened too be interested in all the elders topics. it had been like that till he pulled Financier to the side priavtely.

"Financier when I said that I'm don't want to be here, all I'm asking you is too take it seriously." Clotted cream said. Financier couldn't believe what she was hearing right now.

"What is your problem?! I hate too say this but someone has too, you're starting to become a real scrooge. What happen to the Clotted Cream Cookie I know? That all the elders know? This isn't like you at all." Financier snapped.

"How dare you speak to a consul in such a way."

"It's true though and you know it. Just lighten up a little bit, that's all I'm asking. And if you can't do that...I'll quit."

"That won't be necessary because you're fired." Financier couldn't believe what he just heard. The consul just fired her on Christmas eve of all days. She ended up leaving the party in hurry not wanting to be seen crying. Clotted Cream ended up leaving as well in a huff. The elders actually heard everything and they were shocked themselves but also concerned about the consul, especially since he fired his loyal bodyguard for calling him out. Killing the vibe of the party. 

Clotted Cream went staright to his room soon as he came home and changed into his pajamas. "This whole holiday is ridiculous. I don't get why cookie still celebrate it." That was the last thing he said before drifting off to sleep. Little does he know that this would be a start of an adventure.

Yes this two part story is inspired by A Christmas Carol so hope you're enjoying it so far. Also Merry Christmas eve.  See you all on the final day which is day 25. Bye!!! 👋👋👋👋👋