Chapter 1

Arnav's POV

They say a city cannot be measured by it's length and width but by it's vision and memory it gives. If this was the thing, then my hometown would be the biggest city for me. Well, today me and my family is moving to a bigger city in length and width than my hometown, DELHI. My father wanted his last working years to be in Delhi University, so he transferred here. Here I would be completing my 11th and 12th and my brother will be completing his masters in business studies.

"Areee... Have movers arrived?" Mumma asked
"No, they are coming in 2hrs, till then let's clean the house."
"We don't have cleaning stuff, how to do?"
" Mehra ji se mang lete hai."

Then we reached the 4th floor of the building we are staying in. We rang our neighbor's door.

" Aree, sharma ji agaye aplog. Come inside. Sunita, bring some water. "

We went inside then a boy younger than me bought us water.

" I guess movers haven't arrived yet? You all can wait here." That neighbor aunty said while coming from inside whose name I guess is sunita.
" No no, we have to clean the house before they come. " Said mumma.
" Oh and they are my children..... Dev and Arnav."
Papa said pointing towards us. We touched both of their feet and they gestured blessing sign.

" And you have already met children when you last visited. " Mehra uncle said.
" Where is your daughter Mehra ji? "
" Oh she went to library, as school will start in few days and also she loves libraries."

" Rohit introduce yourself to brothers beta. " Sunita aunty said.
" Hello bhaiya, I'm Rohit Mehra." He said forwarding his hand.
"Hello" We both said as I shook hands with him.

" Mehra ji wo we needed the cleaning stuff so that we can clean the house before movers arrive." Papa said.

Sunita aunty went to bring cleaning stuff.

"Jii sure. If you need help in cleaning we are here. " Uncle asked.
" No we can manage, we are 4 grownups after all." Mumma said.
"But I can help. As I don't have anything to do today." Rohit said.
"Nahin beta, it's okay." Mumma said.
"Aree behen karne dijiye, wese bhi gharpe pada rahega. Apki bhi thodi madat ho jayegi." Sunita aunty said and forcefully sent Rohit.

We left their house and entered the house in front of it. We also got one pooja thali from aunty and did a small pooja before entering the new house. The house was not so big nor so small, just perfect and cozy. There was a living room attached with kitchen cum dining. To the left was the balcony where I can see myself sketching or painting in future. And to the right was a small passage way that led to a big bedroom. On either side of it were two rooms, one medium sized and one small, I think the small one was meant to be study room but I know that's gonna be my room.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Huhh... It was a long day. When movers arrived we have cleaned the house. Then they helped in setting larger things in places, of couse with some pinch of bickerings of mumma and papa here and there. No Indian things are done without bickerings and here it was setting their house. It's now almost 4pm and we are done setting just living room and the bedroom of mumma and papa. Ours was some sort of arranged, but the main Mumma's kitchen was not arranged, but all that was left was transferred for the next day as we all were hella tired. We decided to freshen up and go for dinner to ofcouse Mehra uncle's house.

Author's POV

Arnav came out of his room to dry his towel in balcony. He hung it on the railing and then started looking at the beautiful orange sky and the surroundings. He looked ahead and saw children playing in society's park. It was indeed a beautiful place to stay. He then glances over to the next balcony, where a girl stands, her face partially hidden by the soft glow of the setting sun and by her curls. There's an air of mystery surrounding her, may be she has something to share. She was just standing there looking at the birds that came to have the food kept in a small bowl placed there. She has that small smile that looked good on her.

Arnav was just looking at her may be finding something when his mumma called him and he went inside

On the other side Samara was thinking something while looking at those birds, when she felt something. She looked at the other balcony and saw a boy going inside. She knew about the arrival of Sharmas so she didn't pay any attention. But little did she know that this boy's gonna take her attention towards him in near future.

Vote if you liked it and comment if there's any mistake.

Love you ❤
Thank you 😊🌸