Chapter 5

The awaited sunday arrived for 11th class students. Yeah... Daksha's B'day party because it was like an unofficial freshers party for them, because the official was as boring as celebrating Gandhi Jayanti.

Well this was not awaited for Samara as she was not attending it. Her sunday was well planned and better then them. Sleeping in late, reading books, evening with her sweetheart guitar at the park, some street food and at the end some studies.

( Sleeping in late is the best part I guess. 🤭)

But not everything goes as planned right!

Arnav and his friends were also excited for the party, but Arnav hadn't asked permission yet. He went towards his mother who was sitting in living room with her tea and scrolling her phone. He went from back, clung onto her and said-

" Mommmaa... What are you doing? "
" Don't you have eyes. "
" Arrr.. Ahem.. Actually I wanted to ask something."
" Go on spill."
" Actually.. One of my classmates b'day is today so she invited whole class to the party. Ummm... Can I go?"
" Who is she?"
" I think her name is Daksha."
" You don't know her, and you want to go on her b'day party. "
" Maa please my friends are going. Also if I don't go how will I get familiar with the people."
" When is the party and also where?"
" Today 6 pm, Secret Garden restaurant."
" When will you be returning?"
" Around 8pm maa."
" Samara is also your classmate right. Is she going?"

Arnav's mind

Yrr... Ye maa bhi kitna question puchti hai?? I guess she will not go by guessing from that day's behavior. But if I tell this to maa she will tell 'See she is also not going, why you have to go?' Uff ab mujhe hi kuch karna padega.

" Ohh sahab kya soch rahe ho. Tell me if she's going? "
" Errr... I don't know maa. Let me go and ask her."
"Ok."

Arnav goes to Mehra's house. He rings the bell. After sometime Sunita opens the door.

" Aree Arnav beta... Kya hua? "
" Aunty Rohit hai?"
" Han He's in room. Go meet him."

Over the short time since their arrival Arnav and Rohit had become good friends. He straight went to his room and saw him laying on the bed chatting with someone over text. He knocked on the door to get his attention. Rohit saw him and put down his phone.

"Aree bhai, app?"
" Woh I need some help. Can you convince your sister about something? "
" Didi se... What's the matter?"
He asked sitting up and signalling Arnav to take a seat.

" Today is one of our classmates b'day can you ask your sister to join it. If she doesn't go I'm afraid that my maa won't let me go. Please bro help me out."

" Hmmm.. I don't think she will agree to this. Let's think something."

They both sarted thinking some plan.

" We have to bribe her. Hershey's chocolate milk shake is her favorite. You have to loose some of your pocket money for you to be able to attend the party. Agree with that??"

"Kyaaaaa... Bro mein ese bhi garib hun, mujhse kya hi ummed rakhta hai tu? "
" Toh phir bhul jao. Bye bye. "
" Ese mat bol. Please suggest something."
" So agreed?"
" Finee.. How many days?"
" 15 at least. Then she can bargain."
" Whattt... 15 × 30....450 rupees.
Arrghhh... Fine."
" Let's go."

They both went to her room and knocked her door. No response. Rohit again knocked but a little louder. Still no response.

" Diiiddiii... Uth jao kitni soagii 9 baj gaye hai.. "

Saying this he banged louder. On the other hand Samara was getting irritated on getting her sleep disturbed. She got up and opened the door and shrieked-

" Kya hai haan... Subha subha kyun cheekh rahe ho."

She then looked in front and saw two figures. She rubbed her eyes properly to see clearly. Upon seeing Arnav she got shock and closed the door in a swift motion banging it. Seeing the speed even light would shy away. Then she took some time to process the happenings.
This girl was in her homeless condition and the morning face and hair made it worse. This is as per her thinking. She then said-
" Whatever it is come after half an hour."

Both boys looked at each other and then shrugged. Then they went from there.

Arnav's Mind

She actually acted like she saw some ghost. I don't look like that or do I? Girls are really hard to understand, I can understand physics better.

Then they both went to have one or two match of counter strike on Arnav's PC. Almost after 3 matches. They went back to Samara. She was having her breakfast in her room. They knocked her room.

" It's open."

" Didi woh Arnav bhai wants to tell you something."
She looked up towards both of them, then shifted her attention towards him.

"Are you going to Daksha's party? "
" No, I am busy."
" Oh come on di, what is that important work?"
" I have to go library."
" Please Samara.... Please help me. My maa won't let me go if you don't go. Please.. Please. I will buy you your favorite milkshake for 15 days."

" I said no. And how the hell you know my favorite things."

Saying this she glared at Rohit, who in return lowered his head.

" Please yrrrr... Help karde."

" First of all stop calling me yarr. And let me think."

She after thinking for sometime continued-

" Okay I'll help you but I have my conditions. That 15 days milkshake stays, added is that you won't bother me for those 15 days means whenever I tell to stop talking the three of you would stop talking."

" That's not fair. We have right to speak. "

" Right to speak not to disturb others. And if you don't agree then forget it."

' Dono bhai behen same hai. Arghhh.. '

"Ok fine. So you are going?"

" Yeah but not to party. I'll-"

" Then what's the point when you are not going to the party."
Arnav said cutting her.

" Will you let me finish it. I'll tell I'm going and will also leave with you but I'll not go to party, I'll go to the library and you to the party... Then we will return at the same time."

" Wow... You're so smart. It's like ek tir se do nishana. I'll surely fulfill your demands."

" Aann..hann.. Not so soon. I don't believe you. Say this in my recorder. I'll keep it as proof."

He does it with a sad face. But is happy like he solved one of the biggest problems in life.

Please vote if you liked it and comment if there's any mistake.

Love you ❤
Thank you 🌸😊