Chapter 4

A week passed by Arnav was now a little famous for his looks and playfulness. He also tried to initiate conversations with Samara, but Samara only gave him short replies. Arnav didn't know why after that day at Lunch break, he had that urge to bring Samara out of that small box around her and show her real smile to the world , the one he has seen in the balcony.

It was another monday morning that everyone hated. ( Do you?) Everyone were doing their classes with that boring look until it was break time and Daksha from 11A entered their classroom with 3 or 4 of her friends.

"Hello everyone, attention on me for sometime please.

I want to invite you all to my b'day party this Sunday at The Secret Garden. The party starts at 6pm at hall no. 3 . Please try to come."

Saying this she went towards Arnav and rest of the class went busy with their work.

"You are specially invited NewBoy . Btw Daksha Dev here."
She forwarded her hand.
"Arnav here. And will surely come."
He shook his hand with a smile.

Then her eyes went towards the seat next to him.
"Hey Samara, you are toh bound to come. You come every year right."

Samara raised her eyes to her level and then faked a smile and said
" Sorry my dear friend I can't come as I know I will be busy on Sunday."
" Esa kya kam hai, apne dost ke liye itna nahin kar sakti. "
" Sorry dost, mein sone mein busy rahungi toh nahin a sakti."

The trio snickered at the reply and Daksha's face hardened with embarrassment.

Daksha just murmured 'whatever' and went from there. When she went the three brusted out laughing.

"That was a good one Samara. Haha." Eshan said while laughing.

"The look she had-"

They stopped laughing when they saw Samara going abruptly from there. She was looking rather sad, then feeling proud about the comeback.

She went out of the class towards the washroom.

Samara's Mind

Wth she needs now? Why is she again interfering in my life? I have let go of everything she wanted to snatch from me.

She looked towards the mirror and saw her face and got all the flashbacks from her 9th class. The girl she used to love the most. Yes, Daksha was right...Samara was with her in all her birthdays untill the 14th b'day of Daksha the worst day of Samara's.

"Get yourself together Samara, don't let anything break you again. You have your music gifted by Mohan Uncle, also you have your books to give you company and you also have BTS. You have so many things, don't let that girl affect you. Got it."
( Any ARMY'S here?💜)

She pointed at herself in the mirror and tried to smile out loud. She then washed her face and went out towards class.

On the other side Arnav looked back towards his friends to get the answer.

Ansh asked " Bro.. Why are you looking at us like that?"

" I want to know what was going on. "

Eshan said "Daksha is Samara's ex-bestfriend. "

" Oooo.. "

*Time skip to last period*

It was a free period for them as their teacher was absent. The class busting with noise like fish market according to our teachers.

Samara was busy writing something with that rare smile but Arnav hadn't noticed it.
( Bro dekh le... Kabse taras raha tha.🤦🏻‍♀️)