Chapter 8

The next morning came by soon and the sun was up but not Samara. She has woken up but not from the bed. It was almost 7.30 in the morning and she was still laying on the bed looking up at ceiling.

" Bittuuu..... Are you alright? Beta you never wake up late."
"Yes, Maa I'm okay. Last night I was tired so slept a little longer. Coming in 15 mins."

She wanted to skip school, but dropped the idea. Lazily she got up and got ready for her school. She went to dining table where everyone was having breakfast. Her mother glanced at her fingers.

"Phir se hat kat li wo guitar bajake? Kya karun mein tera."

"Nahin maa dard nahin kar raha hai. Chinta mat karo, dekho mein kha sakti hun... "

She tried to tear off a poori.. But..

"Shhh..." She hissed in tiny.

"Now see... Wait I'll feed you. And wait I'll make upma real quick so you can take tiffin and eat it with spoon."

She fed her and while this she was also nagging her, while her brother and father were just watching it.
( Typical Indian household. 🤭)

"Why do you have to put so much pressure while playing it han... Just press slowly or just use Guitar pick to play."

"Ohoo maa calm down.... It's just little cut in my just two fingers. You are acting like my whole hand is chopped off."

"Tu toh chup hi reh, aur 10 min wait kar."

"Maa already I'm late, I won't take lunch today."
"No just 10 mins, Your bus will arrive after 15mins."

She rushed to kitchen to make the food.

Everyone was wondering why they were not going, then Samara came running and boarded the bus. She was panting hardly, she took some seconds to calm down.

"Sorry, uncle. Let's go now."

She said and went towards the middle row window seat, her usual seat.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Miss Meera was taking classes, after sometime when she rub off the blackboard Arnav heard a tch and sigh from beside him. He looked and saw Samara's face showing irritation, then he looked at the notebook and it was incomplete. And suddenly his eyes went towards the hands, there was bandages on two of her fingers and it made difficult for her to write.

"Hey what happened? Why are there cuts on your fingers?"

"It's none of your business."

"Waitt... Is it from playing guitar yesterday?"

"How the hell do you know I was playing guitar yesterday!"

"I- I- woh..... Yess... Yesterday when you were coming from upstairs, there was guitar in your hands.... Soo.. I assumed it.. "

"Ohh. It's nothing, it's common while playing guitar."

"But Its-"

" Why are you both talking, what's more important than class? Come on tell me."

"Ma'am Actually I was just asking for extra Pen. Sorry for disturbances ma'am." Arnav told.

" Pay attention." Saying this she turned towards the board.

Meanwhile, Arnav grabbed Samara's notebook and placed his in her place.

He came a little closer and whispered to her-