Chapter 2

Author's POV

The Sharmas arrived at the Mehras for after freshning up. Sunita was still preparing the dinner.

"Aree Mehra ji ayiye" Prakash ji said welcoming them.

When they were seated, Rohit came from inside and greeted them. Aradhya went inside to meet Sunita while was stuck there, you know indian aunties, maybe stuck in some important conversations. The elder males were chatting about there works and stuff. After sometime Dev went back to his home saying he would join them directly in the dinner as he had something to arrange before college starts. Here bechara Rohit and Arnav were stuck.

Rohit couldn't resist for long, he moved closer to Arnav and wishpered
" Wanna escape?? "
" Would love to !! "

Rohit looked towards his papa and said
"Papa, Can I take Arnav Bhai to my room? He is going to our school right. So wanted him to be a little familiar, right bhai?"
" Yes, uncle it would be good."
"Ok, go go.... Also Rohit what is your didi doing?"

Rohit being dramatic ass, put a hand on side of his mouth and wishpered to his father (although everyone can hear it 😑)...

"It's her 'Don't disturb me' time papa, may be again engrossed in her song world or in her book world or may be even both.. "
" Thik hai, usse sab dinner ke time mil lenge."

Both of them went from there and Arnav looked around their house was similar to them. But it was a more homely maybe because they are well settled. They went to Rohit's room. Rohit went to bring some snacks, meanwhile Rohit looked around the room, he has some cricketer's poster here and there,some photo frames hung on the walls, a study table, a single bed, an almirah with mirror in it and surprisingly the room was well organised. Maybe because guests were coming up 🤭.

" Bhai, Apki 11th hai na? Which stream science, arts or commerce? "
" Science. How's the school btw?"
"School is good , education is actually very good. Well, if you're science student then you are in my Didi's class."
"Padhai ke bare mein kon puchta hai. Padhai wadahi toh hoti rahengi , what about the fun part dude."
"Ohooo... I thought you would be serious like other toppers, as I heard you are very good at studies. But you're actually fun one. Haha. Fun part of our school is also awsome, only thing you need is good company."
" We'll see about that."
"Btw bhai which section are you alloted?"
"B, why?"
" So, basically you are not only in my didi's class but also her section."

They continued chatting for 30 mins more, about those teachers in school. The strict one, the cool one, the 'I don't care' one, etc, etc. It was almost 8 in the evening, they left his room in search weather food was done or not. While coming out Rohit pointed the master bedroom and said

" This is Maa and Papa's room. And to the left to it (the smaller one) is my didi's room. Basically she was given the bigger one because she was elder, but madam found the smaller one cozy."

Rohit slowly opened the door to Samara's room without disturbing her, to give Arnav a look of her room. The room was small but actually cozy as Rohit have described. There was a study table in attached to it was a small book cabinet with various kinds of books and some decorative items and in parallel to both of it was the single bed that was messy (wasn't she informed about arrival of guests 😆) . The room had some photos of her family hanging but strange is that none of it had her. Also she have some posters of some boyband along with some motivational posters attached to the almirah which was beside the book cabinet.

She was back facing them with headphones on and she was writing something.

Leaving her in her own world they again closed the door and went back to living room

Leaving her in her own world they again closed the door and went back to living room. Food was ready, so Arnav went to call his brother and Rohit helped his mother in arranging table. When Dev and Arnav came back Samara also entered the dining room.

Arnav's POV

That girl from balcony entered the dining room. She came and touched the feet of my parents and then everyone was seated in their seats, she sat beside her brother which was right in front of me. At the two heads two elder males were seated. My papa spoke

" Aree Samara beta, we have arrived from morning we haven't seen you yet."
" Woh.... Sorry Uncle I stayed at library a longer than usual as school will be starting soon and then I won't get much time."
Mumma spoke
" Achhi bat hai beta. Btw meet my elder son Dev....
" Hello bhaiya"
" ... then my younger son Arnav. I heard from Rohit that he is in same class as you. 11th B."

She just smiled at me. But.... Wait a sec... This is not that balcony wala smile. This was rather something odd. My mumma continued

" Beta how's school. I mean students there and teachers and studies and all."

Everyone has already started their dinner along with chatting. The menu was typical North Indian.... Roti, panner, some dal tadka and aloo dam.

" Aunty academics of our school is really good, teachers are well qualified and teaches us well. About students... I actually don't know much as I don't befriend much with my classmates. Let Arnav explore the school life I won't say much in advance. Haha."

That laugh seemed fake,even that smile. Why don't she befriend much? Maybe she's searching for quality in her friends as she don't want bad quality. But my curious ass couldn't keep it, soo...

" Why don't you befriend much?" I asked looking at her. She looked up and our eyes met. She has that beautiful pair of brown eyes most of the Indians have but her was dull and lack of shine.

Maybe my question was wrong as the room fell silent, as everyone was looking at her for answers. Her parents maybe wanted to confirm what they were thinking, while we were confused. This awkward silence was broken by Rohit who changed the topic...

" Maa, the aloo is very good today. What have you added."
" Mene thodi banaya hai. Wo to teri aunty ne banaya. Pura typical pahadi style."
" Aree mereko credit mat dijiye behen ji, apne banaya hai mene to bas much extra masale add kiye hai."

And like this one thing led to another and that topic was long forgotten. She ate her food silently after that and also waited for everyone else to complete.
After dinner we went to living room the family continued their chating we children would occasionally anwer when asked to. Like this with the Rabri that uncle bought from market we ended our night. This girl really is a mystery box, let's find out what she holds inside herself in future. Like this I drifted back to sleep.

Samara's POV

After finishing the book I was reading today. I noted down some lines from them that were good. Then Rohit called me for dinner. I went and saw Mehra family there, two boys which I assume are their sons. I have already met uncle and aunty they were good. Aunty asked about school and stuff. How do I tell aunty that I myself don't know about the school I'm studying from nursery, coz people there are delusional. So I made up that I don't befriend anyone, which partially was true now. Then suddenly her son Arnav who is in my class asked me why I don't befriend. Why the hell he wanted to know??? I looked up to find him looking at me. He surely has that black eyes that intimate you and that look he was giving me I wanted to say something but then again I can't tell my inner things to anyone. Thank god Rohit changed the topic, I didn't wanted to share this too. He is handsome I admit.... Huh... Arnav be ready to face the crazy girls of our school. After dinner I went to living room with them, it would be rude to go back to the room. Then they left and I went back to my room to sleep.

When laying down on the bed my mind drifted towards Arnav. I don't know why I felt some comfort when he asked me that question and looked at me. While thinking I drifted off to sleep.

Please vote if you liked it and comment if there's any mistake.

Love you ❤
Thank you 😊🌸