A week later, training camp started, and boy did it make Joe grumpy. From the way he talked about it, it was like heaven. He got to be back with his team, doing the thing he loves. But he was never a pleasure to talk to afterwards.

He never complained about working out and training, just the way it made him tired. His insane work ethic made him work out three times a day when they're only required to go twice. However, this made him extremely tired, and when he's tired, he's grumpy.

So his company hasn't been the best, and I know I can annoy him sometimes, so I've been trying to distance myself.

I was back in New York anyway, so communication wasn't great between us. However, Ella and I talked as much as possible, and I was even thinking about getting an apartment in Cincinnati to help out with the pregnancy.

July turned into August, and with August came preseason scrimmages.

Ella told me how Tyler would come home exhausted and not even spend any time with her because he had to go right into learning plays and whatever else he had to do. So I took it upon myself to bite the bullet and get the apartment in Cincinnati.

Sure Ella and Tyler had plenty of room, but I didn't want to feel like their burden.

The apartment I got was already furnished and I packed four suitcases worth of clothes and my guitar and keyboard and drove all the way to Cincinnati.

The album wasn't going too well, which was another reason why a change in scenery could be good. People were expecting a new one by the end of the year, but I could already tell that wasn't going to happen.

When I unlocked the door to the apartment, the furniture jumped out at me. It was colorful, something you wouldn't expect from a furnished apartment. However, it fit me perfectly.

A few hours after my arrival, and unpacking, Ella texted and said that she needed help putting together a crib since Ty was at camp.

When I got to their house and made my way into the nursery, Ella was sitting on the ground, holding instructions, with tears streaming down her face.

"Els," I quickly drop to the ground, "what's wrong?"

She puts the instructions down and looks around the room, "I don't think I can be a mom. I don't know how."

When Ella was young, her mother left. Thankfully her dad is the best man on earth and raised her perfectly, but it still has an effect on her to this day.

"Yes you do," I take the manual out of her hands and set it aside. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and let her lean into me, "You aren't going to be perfect. But I know you, and I know that you'll love this baby unconditionally. You will be everything that it needs."

"I don't even know what a baby needs," she sniffles.

"I'll help you. And my mom will too. Elizabeth, you have so many people who care about you," I gently stroke her head, "and they'd do anything to help you and the baby."

"I'm scared," her voice breaks.

"That's okay," I pull her shoulders up and look her in the eye, "it's your first kid. You're meant to be scared, but I'm sure there are about 30 grown men that would protect you and the baby."

She chuckles and sits up straight, still having a hold of my hands, "One thing I'll always envy you for is your ability to calm me down."

"That's what I'm here for," I say, and we both chuckle. "Now, let's get this crib going before that baby pops out."

After we managed to built the crib, take it down because we forgot a piece, and rebuild it, Tyler struts in, freshly bathed with droopy eyes.

"Cam, you're here," he says monotone.