9

"Camden, will you tell Joe he has to eat something?" Allie calls from the living room.

I take a break from the keyboard and walk into the living room.

"Snitch," Joe mumbles.

"You haven't eaten all day," Allie starts to argue with him, but I cut them both off.

"Joe, you have 20 different meals you could be eating right now in the fridge," I put my hand on my hip.

He continues to stare at the game on the tv, "I'm not hungry."

"Quit pouting," I take the remote away from him and pause the game. The team had flown to Arizona to play the Cardinals and Zac and the medical team made Joe stay here.

"I'm not," he reaches up for the remote and I pull it away from him, "Cami, can I watch my team?"

"After you agree to eat," I give him a stern look and he sighs.

"I'm not hungry," he whispers.

"Allie," I turn to her, "Will you go heat up the chicken and rice? We need a minute."

She nods and goes into the kitchen.

"Joey," I sit on the couch next to him, "cut the bullshit. I know you're salty that you couldn't go, but you don't need to take it out on your sister. Or me."

"It just pisses me off," he looks up at the tv, "what if I see something? They won't know because I'm not there."

"Okay," I sigh, "you're my favorite person in the world. You're strong and you're resilient, but right now you're acting like a baby."

He sits in silence for a minute until something clicks in his head, "You're right."

"Apologize to your sister," I whisper and he nods.

"I will, I'm sorry," he leans forward and kisses me on the cheek, subtly grabbing the remote from me as he does so.

"It's okay," I nod and walk into the hallway, "if you need me, I'll be writing."

"Okay, gorgeous, talented, amazing, wonderful, brilliant, girlfriend," he calls out and I chuckle.

Continuing with the song I was working on before, I worked on the bridge.

And I can still see it all in my mind
All of you all of me intertwined
I once believed love would be black and white
But it's golden
And I can still see it all in my head
Back and forth from New York sneaking in your bed
I once believed love would be burning red
But it's golden

When I write songs that have a meaning behind them, they come to me easier. Like the lyric back and forth from New York sneaking in your bed was totally about Joe. Anyone with ears could figure that out.

I wrapped it up quickly though because I had an interview on my laptop with people who wanted to hear on the progress with the album.

"Camden Connors! How are you today?" The lady on the other side of the camera, Jenna, asked me.

I smiled, "I'm doing great, yeah."

"Wonderful," she smiles, "so I should just start with the big question, when is your next studio album coming out?"

"Honestly, I haven't completely finished the lyrics to most of the songs, so add time in production and recording, I'd say probably late 2024 to early 2025."

"Do you have a tour planned with it yet?"

"Um...we're still talking about it. I have a lot of personal stuff going on that will definitely influence some of those decisions."