16

"Cami-" Joe says when I walk into frame wearing the outfit that he put together for me, "you are so beautiful."

"J," my face turns into an upside down smile, "you're sweet."

"Whoever picked your outfit must have amazing style," he says into the phone and I chuckle.

"He's pretty cute," I smile and look at myself in the mirror. He was right- the skirt I got for Paris totally went with this black cropped windbreaker with his number on the back. Of course he had to advertise himself on me, since I was basically doing the same to him.

He showed me his outfit earlier, black jeans, blue dunks, blue shaded cartiers, and one of my sweatshirts. And it wasn't discrete either. In big text it had "Camden Connors" with my face on the back.

He wore it proudly.

"Are you nervous?" I ask carefully. He didn't like talking about the games beforehand. When he does talk about them, he says short, simple answers.

"No, but I like talking to you, a lot. Keep talking," he nods and looks away from his phone.

"Well," I think for a second, "Ella and I's plane leaves at 7 tonight. I think Tianna and Cyd are coming with us."

"I'm really glad that you're starting to branch out," he grins, "I know it takes a lot of time to warm up to people."

I laugh, "You say that like I'm an evil monster."

"No," he shakes his head, "I just meant, you're quiet unless you're comfortable."

"Ah," I nod and he nods with me.

"I have to go, we're leaving," he looks up at things around him and then back down to me, "bye, Cami."

"Bye," I say, and he hangs up.

I sigh and change back into my regular clothes. My suitcases were already packed, so all I had to do was place the outfit nicely and put my luggage by the door.

The florist in Seattle had texted back, confirming the delivery of the flowers to Joe's hotel room.
No matter how much he denied it, I could tell he was antsy for the game tomorrow. Every time I try to talk to him about it, he changes the subject.
So I figured some flowers might lighten him up a bit.

Other than that, I spent the day trying to come up with a music video idea. Olivia said it would be good to use a new song, but an old song would be okay too. And me being a control freak, I want to be the one to direct it.

But of course, the Joe withdrawals had been strong. My mind kept going back to Daylight. There were so many lyrics that I could bring to life.

So I wrote a script with the help of one of my co-writers, and sent it to Olivia. She instantly loved it. Recently, she'd been 'buying into' Joe and I's love story. She thought we could get a lot of good press from it.

Later, I hear footsteps throughout the house, and shouts of my name, "Camden!"

I look down at my phone and see a missed call from Ella and the time showing 6:30.

"Shit! Sorry Ella!" I shout, and slip on my shoes.

"There you are," she peaks her head in the room, "we have to go."

"I know, I know," I shut my computer and turn off my keyboard, "I've been working on that freaking music video all day."

"What did you pick?" She holds the door open for me as I leave the office.

"Daylight," I whisper, knowing her reaction would be big.

"You are in love!" She shouts, "That song is very on the nose."