8

Joe and I had almost spent the entire week together. Or at least the best that we could with our schedules. More like his.

When we weren't alone with each other, we were with Ella and Tyler, who were both overwhelmed with the baby stuff.

Ella was the first person I told that Joe and I were dating. She, not surprised because she knew about the whole thing, was happy for us anyways. She also quoted me from a few months ago.

"I guarantee you nothing will come of it," she said in a high-pitched girly voice.

"Okay!" I melted into my hands, "You were right, you win!"

She just smiled and nodded proudly. Ella had a way of always being right about everything.

Which was basically a prompt for a song. It was done in 30 minutes.

But it wasn't going on the album. It was for her. And Tyler, I guess.

The wedding inched closer and she'd finally made a decision on her dress, waiting a little longer to get it altered due to her growing belly bump.

The wedding was set for November 11th, a bye week for the team.

However, first I had to get through the trip to Paris. Ella was dropping me off and I was shaking with nerves. She was going straight to the game afterwards.

"Take pictures of the Eiffel Tower for the baby," she smiles.

I chuckle, slinging a back pack over my shoulder, "Oh yes, I will."

"I love you, Cam!" She sings and I smile.

"I love you too," I look over to see a guy carrying my bags onto the plane, "Will you tell Joe good luck? I don't know if I'll have service."

I already told him good luck this morning and last night. Four times, if you know what I mean.

"I will," she nods reassuringly, "go have fun, for me and for baby."

"Okay," I nod, "bye!"

She waves and Olivia comes up next to me, "Planes leaving in 15."

I nod and let her direct me onto the plane. There were a couple other girls that I quickly got acquainted with. They were all so sweet and they seemed genuine.

The plane ride was 7 hours long, which, didn't seem like much because of how excited I was. Paris was one of my favorite cities, and the agenda seemed even more interesting.

When we landed, I was the first person off of the plane. I was so happy, until I saw 15 missed calls from Ella, 5 from Tyler, 12 texts from Ella, along with a video.

I opened up the texts as soon as I could and watched the video. It was a clip of Joe at quarterback. He snapped the ball and threw it to Ja'Marr, but he was hit. Really hard.

I could tell when he stood up, something was off. He wasn't a clumsy guy, but he could barely keep his feet under him. I figured they would have stopped the game, but he took another snap, but got sacked in the backfield.

This time, he didn't get up. He laid on the ground, unmoving. Medical staff came running up and eventually a gurney was pulled out. They transferred his limp body onto it.

On my end, I had to cover my mouth discretely to keep from crying. It had happened, my literal biggest fear. And I wasn't there to help him.

"Oli-Olivia," I croak out and she stops her conversation to speak with me, "Joe, he's- I don't know- but I need to go home."

"Camden, you can't go home already, you just got here," she tries to level with me, but I already have my mind made up.

"My fucking boyfriend was unconscious on a fucking football field, I'm going home," I whisper sternly.