11

Two days after the game, I'm woken up by banging and crashing in my own apartment.

Ella wouldn't be up so early and Joe should be at workouts. So who is the stranger in my kitchen?

When I first started living on my own, my dad got me a taser. I never thought I would have to use it.

I inched my door open, hot pink taser in my right hand. As I get closer to my kitchen, I could hear soft humming and the sound of mixing.

I slowly peak around the corner to see a guy with his back to me. But I knew instantly that it was Joe.

"Joey?" I hide the taser behind my back, "What are you doing here?"

He flinches and turns around with wide eyes, "Go back to bed."

"Why?" I squint at him and try to look around him.

"Just, trust me," he quickly walks up to me and puts his hands on my shoulders, urging me back into my room, "good morning."

He gently kisses me and shuts the door. I take his advice and cozy back into my bed. It was only 7:00 a.m.

However, the anticipation was killing me. What was he doing at my apartment on a training day?

The thoughts didn't last long because Joe comes through the door, a plate of pancakes in one hand and a vase of roses in the other.

"I'm all for this intrusion, but why?" I say as he's sitting down the stuff on my bedside table.

"You're kidding," he stares at me blankly, "do you not know what today is?"

I look down at my phone. October 24th. 24. Why does 24 ring a bell?

"Oh, our one month anniversary," I smile and he nods, "but it's just one month."

"One month can be a long time," he raises his hands in defense, "I'll eat all the pancakes if you don't want to celebrate-"

"Hey now," I grab his hand and pull him down to me, "thank you for all this. I've just never had anyone that's cared about this kind of stuff."

"And that is fucking insane to me," he says before kissing me, but it doesn't last long thanks to my phone buzzing rapidly.

I look to see who it was and Noah's contact information looked back at me. We were supposed to have a "business" call this morning.

"Hey Cam, just making sure everything on your end is still good," he says as soon as I answer.

I lay back in my bed and Joe lays next to me.

"Yeah somethings being posted today I think. My manager knows more about it than me. But I'm stoked."

"Me too. Especially since we did both just in case. Oh, and we're still set on the 8th, right?"

"Yes, I'll be around. I'm so exited, I've been dying to sing with you ever since that day in the studio."

"We just blend so well together. And I'm keeping it a secret, that way it'll be way more sick when you're there."

"Sounds good to me," I smile and nod, "have a good flight, Noah."

"Bye Cam," he smiles as I hang up.

"What's on the 8th?" Joe sits up on his elbow.

I squint, "It's a secret."

He doesn't say anything, but he stares at me.

"I'm playing a show with him, now cut it out," I cover my face with my hands.

He chuckles, "Why do you get so uncomfortable?"