Chapter 4: The Rescue Begins

Skye rushes over to Chase's sleeping body to see if he was alive. She had a crazy thought. It's not logical, it's unproved by scientists, and it is from many fairy tales and princess movies. But it just! Might! Work! Skye licks Chase's nose and he wakes up. I guess it worked, Skye thought.

Chase: Skye? I had this terrible dream. Where pups from the future came to warn us about a mad scientist interested in time travel.

Max: (just waking up) Uhh, Dad? That DID happen.

Chase: (falls back down to pretend to sleep) Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

Lily: Dad, this is not a dream.

Chase: Are you sure? (Lily and Max hug the younger version of their father)

Max: Are you feeling this?

Chase: Yeah and it feels VERY comfortable.

Lily: Not a dream.

Skye: Aww. You guys look cute like that.

Sage and his sisters break up the hugging party and show a projection of Victor going into the portal from earlier. 

Sage: According to that trajectory of the portal Victor took, we believe that he's in Adventure City. A week before Uncle Chase was found by Ryder.

Junior: (notices Chase, who is scared stiff) Uncle Chase?

Rocky: I think he still doesn't want to go to Adventure City. Even after we met Liberty.

Tundra: Why's that?

Skye: He was abandoned there when he was only a week old.

Tundra: Chase. I'm so sorry.

Lily: The story gets sadder each time we hear it.

Max: No matter how long it is. 

Skye walked up to the petrified pup and licked his face. Chase is back, physically.

Chase: (regaining thoughts) So, can you guys make a portal for all of us?

Sage: (worried) What do you mean "all of us"?

Rocky: He means him, Skye, Tundra and me with you guys.

Winter: This device is only the prototype so its maximum people count is 10 organisms per trip.

Aurora: That'll work to our advantage.

Junior: But, here's the thing. Lily is scared of flying, (Lily looks down) I have no hand-eye coordination when driving a vehicle of any sort, Aurora and Winter are fine, but Sage can get close to clumsy as Marshall. My dad. And Max, (looks at his clueless cousin) is not that bright up there. (Points to his head where his brain is)

Chase: So? We all have our strengths and weak points. I freak out about Adventure City in a bad sense, Skye has a fear for eagles, Tundra is fine. But Rocky - -"

All six of the future pups: Is afraid of water.

Rocky: (blushes) Cut it out, guys.

Tundra: It's alright, Rocky. (Puts her arm around Rocky and he's stops blushing)

Lily: Okay, Sage, you and your sisters start opening the portal.  Mom, Dad, can you and, uhh, Rocky and Tundra (feels weird saying those names without uncle or aunt) get your gear?

Chase: Hey, Lily. One, yes we can get our gear. And two, since we are the oldest pups in the past and future, we can BOTH lead this team?

Lily: Oh, yeah. Sorry. Big sister moment for me. I never wanted to take your place. Ever.

Chase: (giggles) It's alright. It's just that . . . You seemed like a good leader just now. 

Lily now feels a wave of encouragement from the words of the younger version of her father. The older pups get their gear as Sage and his sisters use their mechanic expertise inherited from their father to open the portal. Later, the ten pups are ready for action. Chase feels a bit tense, so Skye holds his paw for comfort. Then the portal opens, engulfing them into Chase' earliest days. Then, the portal opens in Adventure City, years before their former location. Chase feels more tense now that he's living about a week or two before he got abandoned, let alone born!

Lily: Okay, team. We should not be seen in these outfits. We got to blend in. 

Rocky: She's right. I feel like being conspicuous is one of the major things here. 

The pups run to an alley, unseen by Adventure City residents. Sage notices dog clothes for free in a box. He showed them to his teammates and they donned their disguises. Later, they waltz the streets, looking for a vehicle to get them to the abandoned observatory in time. If they don't, time will be what the captives of Victor E. Vance will not have left.

I know this was shorter, but I at least got to show how Chase is dealing with his problem involving Adventure City currently and how Skye and the others help him. And I also explored the not-so-perfect side of the next gen. BTW, I never got to mention this is a second in a 4 part saga. Multiversal Massacre was the first. It is called "ON A ROLL." I know it's a trashy name, but I work with what I got. Later, ya'll.