Chapter 13: Back to the err... um... Chase's past?

You remember at the end of chapter 7 when the pups went in the portal? We are back to that. And since time travel works funny, if this was still chapter 7, this chapter would take place at least nearly a week after they left. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

Back in Adventure City, in the abandoned observatory everybody left from, the portals opened up simultaneously and everyone starts coming out. Rocky and Tundra come out the first portal and Marshall and Everest follow. Then Junior and Aurora have Liberty in knight's armor following them. Then Rubble zooms out like a cannonball and Skye and Lily hop in from the portal. Then Sage and Winter have Zuma, without his fake claws or his war paint but still donning the jacket, follow them out. Then Chase and Max come out with Ryder behind them. The portals close behind them. 

Junior: Mom! Dad! (Runs over to Marshall and Everest)

Marshall and Everest: Whoa (Junior embraces them).

Then Sage and Winter spot their sister.

Sage: Aurora!

Winter: Sis!

Aurora: Hey, guys. Did ya miss me?

The siblings hug each other, back from their travels.

Aurora: I met King Arthur.

Sage: Wait, what?

Winter: You met who now!?

Max and Lily walk towards each other.

Lily: (smirking) So . . . who's the oldest?

Max unexpectedly hugs Lily.

Max: You are. I'm sorry I haven't been a good brother.

Lily: It's alright, Max.

Then Liberty and Zuma notice each other.

Liberty: Cool jacket, Zuma.

Zuma: Thanks, Liberty. One question: why are you wearing knight armor?

Liberty: (chuckles) I'll tell you later, dude.

Chase and Skye run towards each other, overjoyed to see each other.

Chase: Pro tip: I sound like Tobey Maguire in the future.

Skye: (giggles) Noted, Chase.

All the pups embraced Ryder, overjoyed to see their leader in all this madness.

Ryder: It's great to see you again. All of you. I . . . I couldn't ask for better pups to come and rescue me.

Lily: Aw, it was nothing.

Tundra: Wait! Did anybody forget about Victor?!

The room filled with questioning and concern. Suddenly, a portal opens up and a familiar figure comes out. It's Victor! And he's ticked!

Victor E. Vance: I've had it with you darn pups! I had to spend months in the Ice Age! Nearly got trampled by some mammoths, man. And now that I'm back, I'll not waste tampering with time and start destroying you all with my bare hands!

The mad scientist charges but Chase jumps and pushes him out of the way. He then stands defensively.

Chase: If you want to hurt my family, you got to go through me first!

Victor E. Vance: (grinning and casual) Alright. 

Victor grabs Chase by the collar and throws him to the other side. Max and Lily intervene, but Victor does a spinning-kick move Jackie Chan style.

Victor E. Vance: Oh. I'm sorry, ya'll. Did I mention I studied martial arts? Took a weightlifting class? Ran a marathon?

Marshall: THAT WOULD HAVE HELPED BY NOW!!! BECAUSE WE HAD OUR TAILS HANDED TO US IN CHAPTER 3!!!!! 

Then Skye and Lily's jet packs start up and they fly towards the villain to distract him. The swerve, swoop and dive in the air as Victor struggles to grab at least one of them. Then Victor got a hold of Skye's ear.

Max: (running) I'm coming, Mom! (Jumps and performs some heavy Pup-Fu, landing hits on Victor, who lets go of Skye) Learned that move from Uncle Marshall, master in Pup-Fu.

Marshall: (joyful) Is it just me or is the future getting better?

Then Everest and Tundra's PupPacks open and grappling hooks come out, trapping Victor. Then they swing Victor around the room. Rocky uses his claw arm from his PupPack to throw a shard of metal and cut the lines of Everest and Tundra's grappling hooks, sending Victor flying and hitting a wall. Chase wakes up to Rubble and Ryder.

Chase: Hey guys. What did I miss?

Ryder: Everyone else kicking Victor's tail.

Rubble: Wanna join in on the fun, Chase?

Chase: I'm on the case! (Starts running to everyone else)

Victor gets free of the grapple lines and grabs the devices that have seemed to have fallen off of the pups' arms! He grabs them all and calls out to the regrouped PAW Patrol.

Victor E. Vance: Forgot something, peeps?

Sage: Why did we have to let go of the time travel devices?

Tundra: It's okay, Sage. We all make mistakes.

Victor E. Vance: Ya think you could stop me? You'll stop nothing! As long as I have these devices, I can create an anomaly in time, bringing random points in time to now! I mean, this year's now.

Chase: We won't let that happen!

Max: Dad's right. We're the PAW Patrol.

Ryder: No jobs too big.

Everyone else: No pups too small.

Victor E. Vance: Ya know, your optimism is cute. But while we've been talking, I've been already combining these doohickeys. 

Zuma: You did wha...?

Victor E. Vance: (prepares his new ultimate time device) I guess it's time to put a little adventure in Adventure City. Starting with an orc siege on the city!

Liberty: No! I had too much of Orcs. Too gross.

Zuma: One of these days, you are telling me where you were.

This took a turn in a heartfelt reunion.  Now orcs are coming to Adventure City, before Chase was born! Will the PAW Patrol and the next gen ever get back to their times? Will Victor win? Will orcs lay siege on Adventure City? And will Liberty ever get to tell Zuma what she did with King Arthur? Find out what happens next in chapter 14 of PAW Patrol: Fragile Futures. Peace out and Merry Early Christmas.