Chapter 11: World War Zuma

FYI: I was scrolling through a Google search I did on apocalyptic stories and one was called World War Z. I never read the book or seen the 2013 film so for anyone who reads that has read the book World War Z or seen the movie, tell me what it's about. BTW, I accidentally swapped Winter with Aurora so since we've come this far, let's go with Sage and Winter going to get Zuma.

The portal Sage and Winter have taken leads to the year 2140, over 100 years after the PAW Patrol disappeared out of existence thanks to Victor Vance. This is the future of the first chapter, if our heroes fail. There has been senseless attacks from alien invaders that would have been apprehended in this timeline if the PAW Patrol was a thing. This future does not know a single thing about the team, let alone Ryder. The portal opens in where it used to be town hall. Sage and Winter come out and it closes behind them. They couldn't bare to see the destruction any longer. The bell in town hall was cracked in 50 pieces. The Chickeletta statue was toppled over, bent, dented, and vandalized. Mr Porter's cafe turns out to be a graveyard. Ashes flew in the air and filled the aroma turning it from a bustling and peaceful scent to a stench a mix of "something died" and "old, expired milk." And I'm not the only one who thinks that's unnatural. Winter felt like she could cry at the sight of what their home looks like 100 years after the day their journey started (the first chapter of this story). The two walk through the town.

Winter: (sniffles) Sage. Our home. Everything. (sniffles) It's gone.

Sage: We're gonna be okay, Winter. We're gonna win this. Pup Scout honor.

Winter: Thanks. Uhhhh . . .(looks at something and her eyes widen) Now I'm just regretting something.

Sage: That each of us asked what would the future would look like 100 years after we're born? This is what it looks like, Winter.

Winter: No, regretting that we should have picked the moment where Zuma came it. Like, the EXACT moment.

Sage: Why?

Then a spear lands in between them from Sage's right. They look and see a tribe of human refugees, and they look vicious. Torn clothes war paint and actual bones strapped as armor. Sage and Winter run to the docks where the oceans have dried up and the Flounder has capsized. They pass by the iconic ship belonging to Cap'n Turbot and stop at Seal Island, which more looks like a wall WALL-E has made. They then realize they are trapped. With backs against the wall, they look upon the tribe coming for them in fear. The tribal leader speaks a language that was in alien. The same aliens that attacked Adventure Bay. The aliens has influenced this tribe so much they changed their language.

Tribe Leader: Yundha glayio nihka joe! Sfreamija niuel dooel. (Soldiers of the resistance! We shall have their heads hung on our walls.)

Sage: What does that mean?!

Winter: I don't know! Wait, let me have a try. (Walks forward and stops. She then prepares to shout a very unexpected word) HALTHA! (STOP!) 

The tribe stop in their tracks. Unknown to Sage and Winter, a robotic spider-like vehicle climb from the other side of the wall, scaring the tribe away. Then Sage starts to get a little overconfident.

Sage: (as Winter looks behind at the wall with fear in her eyes) Ha! I guess we showed them, huh?

Winter: Uhhhhh. . . S . . .S . . . S . . SAGE?!

Sage: (turns around) What, Wint- - (sees vehicle on wall) AHHHHH! RUN!!!!!!!

The pups run away and the vehicle chases them to the Lookout, all destroyed, dusty and deserted. The vehicle stops and a megaphone pops out.

???: (over Megaphone) Who are you?

Sage: We - - we - - we uhh....

Winter: Would you believe us if we came from the past?

???: Yes. 

Sage: (confused) How?

The megaphone goes back inside and the vehicle opens a hatch showing a group hovering around a dog. The dog turns out to be Zuma! He:s wearing a black jacket, war paint and fake claws on his paws.

Sage: Uncle Zuma?!

Winter: You look . . . intimidating.

Zuma: Eh? (Looks at himself) Oh! Right. Hehe. Sorry. But also, I know why you're here. I can't go. People need my help here.

Zuma and his group walk away. And Sage and Winter feel like they failed. Then Sage got an idea. He nudged his sister, gesturing her to play along.

Sage: (woefully) But Zuma! Liberty misses you!" (Zuma stops) She wants to see her labby again. (Lobby is a short term of Labrador)

Winter: (faking her woes as well) Oh, the dog-manity! She'll be alone, and you'll be alone. Who wants to be alone?! (Sniffles and then winks at Sage and they both look at a photo of their family in the year 2038 and Zuma and his pups start to fade like in Back to the Future) Oh no. Looks like our bluffs are working too well!

Sage: (telling the truth) Zuma, we're not kidding! You and Liberty had a future together! In 2038! You even have a son and daughter!

Zuma: Ha! Nice try, dudes! If I did have pups of my own, I'd name them - -

Sage and Winter: Carter and Alex!

Zuma: W- - what? (Sage shows picture and Zuma's eyes widen. Then the sight of his future kids on the picture return) I - - I - -(sniffles) Ahem. Allen. (Allen, descendant of Mr. Porter, walks up) I got to get these folks home. And they say they need me to protect them on their journey. And whether or not I come back, you're the leader.

Allen Porter: But Commander Zuma, I am just a soldier. I'm not fit to be a leader.

Zuma: Dude, you are more of a leader than I could ever be. And that is saying something. You've always been a strong soldier. Now lead your team . . . Commander Porter.

Allen Porter: (wide-eyed and shocked) Sir. I - - I - - I don't know what to say. (Zuma chuckles) Except this. (He salutes) We will remember what you have done for us, Zuma. (Zuma salutes back and the rest of Allen's team salutes to their former leader). Safe travels.

Zuma nods and walks over to Sage and Winter. He grabs a rag and wipes off the war paint.

Zuma: (deep breathe) Okay. I'm ready.

Sage: Good to have you back, Uncle.

Then Winter starts up another portal and the three pups go in, leaving to the place they were last: Adventure City.

This was quick for a chapter about apocalyptic times, but I think we almost lost Zuma with his one. And BTW, what do you think of my Back to the Future reference? Let me know in the comments below. Peace out.