Chapter 9: A Couple of Pups in King Arthur's Court

Junior and Winter's portal opens in a forest clearing. The portal closes and Junior is internally overjoyed. But he can:t help it.

Junior: Man, I can't believe we are in the time of knights, dragons, wizards, magic, dwarves, orcs, elves, and goblins! I feel like it's the movie Willow had a baby with Lord of the Rings and it is gre- (gets interrupted by an irritated Aurora, who covers his mouth until she speaks).

Aurora: Look, Junior. I'm glad you go all fanboy mode here, but I think we should focus on finding Au-Aun- Liberty. Darn, it's so hard to say their names without Aunt or Uncle.

Junior: (chuckles) I understand. Okay, how do we get outta here?

Then they hear a Bugle blow and seven horses race to the forest clearing, pointing glaives at the two pups. The pups stand frozen, trying not to make a move. The six out of seven of the horse-riding knights circle around the pups and lowering their weapons, pointing at the pups. The seventh knight came in. He looks like he's a knight of extreme importance. Like Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit important. He looks important for he wears armor with rims etched in gold. 12 diamonds are on the centerpiece of the chest plate in the form of a circle and a sword in the middle. That's their symbol. The important knight gets off and walks dramatically around the circle his men have made. He then starts interrogating the pups.

Lead Knight: Who has dared to show their faces in the land of the great Camelot, King Arthur's lands? (Junior looks up like a fanboy, thinking "King Arthur's real?!") Who so dares to walk on these grounds? Who dares practice dark magic, hiding in these sacred woods? (The pups are left speechless) Speak swiftly!

Aurora: Look, sir. We, uhh, we did not mean to intrude, but - -

Junior: (determined and stoically) We are mere travelers from a very distant future. We are looking for our friend. A dog, just like us. But we are no enemies. Take us before your king and we'll answer further.

The lead knight nods at another knight, who gets off and ropes the two pups to his saddle. Aurora glances at Junior, who sheepishly smiles.

Aurora: (quietly) WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! You can't just go all Aragorn and pretend you own the place!

Junior: Just play along and stick to my plan.

Lead Knight: Head back to the castle. (Gets up on his horse) These pups require an appointment with the king.

The lead knight leaves on his horse and 5 of the remaining follow him. The last knight gets on the saddle hooked to Junior and Aurora and urges his horse. As the seven knights and two pups head for this castle the leader speaks of, Junior begins to ask the knight riding the saddle they're connected to a question. 

Junior: (casual) Dear sir, what year is this? 

Knight: Young pup, today's date is May the first of the year 475, merely twenty-five years after King Arthur has become king as a young page.

The pups, surprised, and still tied to the saddle, look at each other in shock and disbelief.

Aurora: King Arthur? I thought he was a myth. 

Knight: No, he's real, pup. His action pulling the sword Excalibur out of the stone now in the royal courtyard, his bond with the all-powerful wizard Merlin, his recent wedding with Queen Guinevere, his forming of the Knights of the Round Table, all are real.

Junior: So you believe us that we are from the future?

Knight: I believe nothing of the sort. But if the king deems you true, he might dub thee or execute thee.