Chapter 7: The Indestructible Hope

Everyone rushed to Skye's side. She has spotted Victor's portal device!

Sage: How did that get here?

Junior: He must have dropped it before he got sent into the portal. 

Tundra: Wait, is it breakable?

Aurora: In terms of mechanics and building by Dad's standards . . . No.

Skye: Hey! We could use this to get everyone back!

Lily: So we still have a chance?

Chase: I believe so.

Sage: Okay, I looked through the Nexus-Cam. They've all been to 5 different places in time. (Looks at device on his wrist)

Max: Wait, "Nexus-Cam"?

Rocky: If I'm guessing correctly, someone in the future made a camera for a nexus, or basically a time travel / Pawtiverse highway. You go through a portal, enter the nexus, and come out another portal. Who's the genius that built that device, Sage? Because I want to have him sign my PupPack.

Winter: (giggles) You did, Dad.

Rocky: (surprised) Whaaaaaaaat?

Max: So are we gonna have a history lesson or are we gonna do this?

Aurora: Max is right, (whispers) surprisingly. (Back to normal voice) Let's go!

Skye: PAW Patrol (puts her hand out gesturing a hands-in moment).

Rocky and Tundra put their paws on Skye's simultaneously. They realize that and blush. Then Max and Junior put their paws in the middle. Lily and Winter do the same. And also Sage and Aurora. Everyone looks at Chase.

Chase: (sighs) Is on a roll! (Puts his paw in the middle)

Later, Rocky and Sage have fixed Victor's device and aimed it where the original portal stood. They shot out 5 portals. 

Chase: Okay, since there is 10 of us, two of us each will go in each portal. Rocky and Tundra, you take the portal that leads to the Shakespearean Age. Sage told me that Marshall and Everest might be there. 

Rocky and Tundra look at each other, blushing, and back at Chase. They nod. 

Chase: Junior and Winter, you take portal #2.

Sage: That leads to the Middle Ages, and Liberty's location is there. But watch out. They had cruel punishments for what they thought was dark magic then. In other words, she could get executed for time traveling. 

Junior: You can count on us, cuz. (Breaks fourth wall) For those who don't know what "cuz" means, it either means the shorter version of "because", or short for "cousin".  All next-generation pups here are either siblings or cousins.

Chase: Lily and Skye, you take portal number 3. It leads to when - - uhhhh. When Clone took everyone but me. Rubble might be there.

Lily: Whoa. I heard that story multiple times, but never actually got to see it happen! I heard it was almost heartbreaking.

Skye: It was. 

Chase: Next up, Sage and Aurora will take portal number four. It leads to a possibility type of future, so be careful if it's an apocalypse. Hopefully you can find Zuma there.

Sage: And Chase and Max will get Ryder will take #5. He's in . . . when Max and Lily were born.

Max: Hey, Lily! Maybe I can prove that I'm not 5 minutes younger than you.

Lily: Fat chance, Max. Ladies first, right?

Max: Age before beauty.

Chase: No pain, no gain.

Max: What pain? (Chase punches Max on the shoulder) Yow! What a wallop!

Lily: Alright, we know our times. (Looks at Chase who nods) Let's roll!

Then the designated pups go to their portals to save their friends. But what will happen to their friends? What will happen to our heroes? Will they save Ryder and the other pups in time? Will Victor return? Will Max prove to her sister that he's older? And when will I stop asking questions? Find out in Chapter 8 of PAW Patrol: Fragile Futures.

Sorry I have been gone for a while. I've been overboard with the AI chat thing, again. But after this, you should probably expect that I work on more than one stories at a time. And expect a fanfic about one of my favorite video games: Super Smash Bros.