Chapter 5: The Observatory

The team of pups make their way through the streets looking for a map of Adventure City. While they do that, Max asks her sister about their disguises.

Max: Hey, sis? (Lily looks at Max) Why are dressed like Bob Marley is our owner?

Chase: (talks in Jamaican) Bob Marley is good, mon. Dude got talent.

The pups share a laugh at Chase's acting. As they walk, Tundra seems to stop at a map near a subway.

Chase: Just be glad that the disguises she picked doesn't make us look like German immigrants.

Winter: Why?

Chase: I may be a German Shepherd, but I don't and can't  speak German.

Sage: Valid point. I'll take your word for it.

Tundra: (looks up at a the map she saw earlier) Hey, guys! Over here!"

The pups rush over to their friend and see that it is a map of Adventure City. 

Aurora: If my navigation skills are correct, if this is us (points to red arrow saying "You Are Here" southeast from the observatory, which is marked with a yellow and black arrow saying "Condemned") Then we look northwest from there, (Skye looks off the map and sees the observatory from where she is) then that condemned building must be - -"

Skye: Guys! I found it! 

The pups look the same way as Skye and they see it on a cliff where it always was. 

Aurora: Oh. There it is. (Smiles)

Later the pups climb on top of that roof at subway stations above the subway tunnels. They figured that they could fly from there without being noticed. Chase and Junior came up first by using the trash cans by the subway station as stools. Junior helped Winter as Chase helped Skye. Then Winter helped  Lily as Skye helped Rocky. Rocky helped Tundra as Lily helped Sage. Tundra helped Aurora when Rocky started looking for Max. He was still on the ground. Chase comes over.

Chase: What are you doing down there, Max?

Max: To be honest, I can't climb on the trash cans and leap onto the roof like you and Junior did. In fact, I . . . can't climb. And I'm afraid of heights. 

Lily: (with Chase looking at her like "Tell me he's not lying") It's true. 

Skye: Well, maybe you're only scared because you haven't tried yet. Just hop on those trash cans and we'll help you.

Max gulps nervously as he looks at this obstacle. He then got his front legs on top. At least he got his upper body to get up to the trash can lid. His legs move, trying to find a place to help him steady his way up. Once he got his entire body on one of the trash cans, he stands proudly as the other pups cheered for him. But when Max jumped up to the edge of the roof, he kicked off the lid of the trash can he was on. Then, once grabbed hold of the ledge, he slipped and fell into the trash cans. The pups look over with concern and worry. Max pops hi head out with a banana peel on his face. Lily starts to laugh, but tries to cover it so she could not embarrass her younger, but taller-by-height brother. Chase and Sage both reach down to grab onto Max. Tundra and Rocky grab their legs and lower their friends down to get Max. Chase tells Rocky to stop, then they stop, nearly off the roof. Chase and Sage reached their arms out for Max to grab on. The pup grabs onto his cousin and father's arms and they gave Rocky and Tundra the signal to pull them back onto the roof. Then Max is on top, finally. 

Chase: Maybe I'll teach climbing and jumping to you when this is over.

Sage: Okay, if anybody has seen Iron Man 3 where Stark saved the people from falling from Air Force One, (the jet, not the movie) and asked the people to make a monkey ladder, we should do the same thing except Skye's going to fly us to the observatory. Does anyone understand?