¹³

Thirteen |

The 17 years old girl happily stood beside the track, watching the race in excitement, rooting for her father.

Her brothers also just like the girl, watching their father and cheering for him.

Their first role model.
The reason why they developed interest in cars and racing.

"Oppa, I want to race like father!" Jeno hummed and nodded his head, "we all will, but today its father's turn to shine" Haechan crossed his arms proudly. "That's my father right there"

Hyeji averted her attention back towards the track, full smile on her face.

He almost finished the track, this is the final round and they'll know who's won.

Who knows, the brightest night could turn into a nightmare just in a blink where an accident happened when their father lose his control and couldn't control his speed.

Steering locked.

"My kids..." was the last words before the crash happened.

Just in a blink, The Lee's world turned black.

Haechan and Jeno rushed towards the crash and Hyejin just stood still, froze on her spot, breath hitched, eyes widening at the sight.

Before the brothers could reach their father, the car was blown up leaving everyone in shock.

"Father!"

Some people rushed towards Haechan, holding him from trying to go near the burned car, Jeno on his knees, staring at the car in disbelief.
Hyejin couldn't hear anything and finally fainted on her spot.

Pieces by pieces of their heart shattered, their worlds fell apart. The brothers lost their protector and Hyejin lost the first man she loves the most.

That night, Hyejin never step back to the circuit.

The sound of tools scattering brought Haechan towards the girl who was on the floor

The sound of tools scattering brought Haechan towards the girl who was on the floor. "Hyejin!" he picked up the girl who broke into tears.

"I can't do it, I can't do it, I can't do it"

Haechan brought her to the coach and came back with a glass of water. "Hyeji..." the girl shook her head and cried even harder.

"I can't accept this... I need him here, I can't do this anymore"

Haechan gently brought the girl in his embrace, caressing her head softly. "I'm here Hyeji, we will take care of you after him, we're here..."

The girl tightened the hug and continued crying in his chest.
"I miss him"

"me too, Hyeji... but you can't stay forever like this. He won't be happy if he sees you crying like this. Don't be like this, I feel like I failed as a brother"

One by one left them.
After a year of losing their father, their mother followed. Leaving the three siblings continue their lives without their main life priority.

It took them a while but eventually they accepted the fate and continue living.

That's when Jeno learned to styles Hyeji hair just like how their mother always did. Haechan learned how to tie his own necktie and find his own socks. Hyeji learned cooking by herself and the siblings learned how to continue live.

It's hard for them.

More harder for Jeno when he doesn't want to show his broken side, pretending strong so that he could support his siblings. He won't cry so that he could comfort Hyeji and Haechan.
But when night comes, he quietly cry in his room, staring at all their family pictures.

He's also not strong but he was forced to be strong. 

෴