²⁴

Twenty Four |

Jisung parked his car and turned to the girl, "I'll wait for you here" he said, not facing her. Hyeji pressed her lips into thin lines and nodded her head. 

She wanted him to go home first and tell him that she can go home by herself but she knew Jisung will says no and be stubborn. 

"I won't take too much time"

"It's okay, I'll wait."

With that Hyeji got out from his car and walked inside the huge building. 

Inside, Seonwu's mom already waited for her at the lobby. The lady immediately recognized the girl and pulled her into a long hug. "I'm sorry for what Seonwu did to you, honey"
Hyeji broke the hug and raised her eyebrows, "what do you mean, ma'am?" 

"I know everything honey..." the girl pursed her lips together and a small smile crept on her face. "it's fine, ma'am."

No, it's not fine. She badly wanted to tell how worse his son treated her and forced her this and that also controlling her life.

"Why are we here, ma'am?"

Hyeji asked as soon as they got inside the elevator. The lady bitterly smiled, "it was our fault for not realizing it sooner and were too busy with our business. We ignored our one and only son," she sighed before continuing, "the doctor said he had some problem with his mental health... Bipolar disorder" 

"It has been awhile now but we didn't realize it until it got worse" 

They exited the elevator, walking down in the hallway. "How long will he be staying here then? Is there any cure?"

The lady shook her head, "We're not sure about that..." she stopped in front of room with big glasses on it. 

Inside, Hyeji saw Seonwu sitting, eyes swollen, dark circles under his eyes and pale lips. He turned his head towards the glass and he immediately got up as he saw the face of Hyeji staring at him. 

She couldn't hear him screaming from the inside, but she could read his mouth multiply screaming for her name. 

"We're sorry about him, Hyeji" Seonwu's father voiced out, sighing and lowered his head. "You suffered enough because of him, we're sorry" 

Hyeji shook her head, "everything happened for reasons... I hope you don't get too busy with works and starts focusing on Seonwu from now on" 

Seonwu's mother smiled, "you are really a nice girl, Hyeji. We were happy when we knew you from the first time. You deserve someone who can treat you better" Hyeji nodded her head, smiling. 

She turned to Seonwu who now on the verge of crying. She flashed a small smile and shook her head. 

"I will get going first, ma'am... I wish the best for all of you" she bowed before walking away after Seonwu's mom gave another hug. 

Well this is the biggest plot twist in her life. 

Jisung glanced at the rear view mirror before glancing at the girl who was staring outside for the whole times

"Do you want to stop by and eat before we head back home?" he asked, breaking the wall of silence between them. 
The girl snapped into reality before turned her head at him. She simply nodded and hummed for his question. 

"Were you thinking about Seonwu?" 

The girl lowered her head. 
"No, I was thinking about what you said earlier before we left the house" –her thoughts.

Hyeji slowly shook her head, "no. I just felt pity for his parents" 

Jisung hummed, "it must be hard for them" he muttered and Hyeji agreed. "I don't expect him to turns out like that, I mean yeah he's a very short-tempered person but well... this is unexpected" 

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers. 

"Actually Jisung, I've met Yurim" she blurted, changing the topic. Jisung furrowed his eyebrows, "really? Why? Did she say something to you?" 
Hyeji shrugged, "she went to my workshop and she was surprised to see me there" Jisung hummed, waiting for her to continue.

"She also apologized about what happened at the event" 

Jisung frowned, "That's weird, Yurim being kind?" Hyeji chuckled, "don't think like that, everyone is kind, Jisung" Jisung scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"By the way how did you know, Yurim?" 

Jisung glanced towards the girl, "Yurim? Well... I saved her from an accident" Hyeji tilted her head, "details" he chuckled at her answers. 

"We was 19 that time, I was on my way back home from the circuit, right. That time on the road there was just me and another car, Yurim's driving. I don't know how but suddenly her car lost control and bumped into the divider– Luckily, I didn't drive fast that time. So I stopped my car and went to help Yurim who was stuck in her car. That time I tried to become as calm as possible but then I smelled something like gas? That's when I started to panicked and quickly unbuckled her seatbelt and pulled her far away from her car and in a few minutes, her car exploded" 

Hyeji's jaw dropped, "like she's stuck because her car was flipped down?" Jisung nodded and she softly gasped. "Jisung, you are a hero" 

He giggled, "and that's how we start to exchange contact, I drove her to the hospital and helped her by settled her car and all but as time passed, maybe she thought I did that because I like her but I did that because I was the only witness when the accident happened and I just suddenly remember about Aera? Like, if I can't save Aera then I should save others so the don't ended up the same as Aera, you know what I mean...?" 

The girl softly smiled and nodded her head, "Aera must be proud of you" he chuckled, "she must be happy that I'm still continue my life right now and lucky enough I met you" Hyeji rolled her eyes, chuckling. 

"She must be happy if she met you" 

Hyeji suddenly think about something and furrowed her eyebrows. Since the first day Jisung told her about his ex-girlfriend, she felt like she might know the girl somewhere but she couldn't remember it. 

"Jisung, you never told me Aera's full name" 

"Oh really? It's Kim Aera, she's a year older, the same age as Chenle" 

Hyeji averted her attention away, thinking. "Kim Aera?" she mumbled to herself. She's sure she heard that name before.

෴