1

2.18
yesterday

I'm running labs, I mean really running I can't find these stupid labs that George misplaced! If I can't run labs no chance Dr. Bailey will let me scrub in today.

I usually love George O'Malley when he's not misplacing important labs. He's my favorite guy friend in my internship program, my only one really. He's a good shoulder to sleep on, to cry on, and to laugh on. George is always there for me and everyone else. He's my person, I like him the best out of everyone else here. When it comes to Meredith Grey he has big ol heart eyes for her...even if he won't admit it everyone but her can see it.

I went up to the front desk where I saw Meredith already talking to the head nurse in charge. I love Mere so much. She is quite the opposite of me. In the nicest way possible she is dark and twisted and I'm bubbly and positive or I'm damn good at acting like I am.

"Hey Mer." I greeted her with a slight smile then immediately turned to the nurse with a plain face.

"I'm looking for some missing labs, did O'Malley ever get them in?" I asked looking through the stack of other labs in my hand again, and of course they weren't there.

"Nope." The older nurse answered with a glare. Nurses really hate us interns and love watching us struggle.

"I'm gonna kill him." I sighed as I turned back to Meredith. Who looked happy, I guess today we switched roles.

"Deep breaths, don't kill George." Meredith laughed at my expense. I need these damn labs!

"I look hot in scrubs." I let out as I stare at myself through the black screen of a computer close by. My subject change made Meredith laugh, making me laugh. Then I realized I have to find these stupid labs! I turn back around and bump into a hot older man. I mean a very hot older man wearing a leather jacket he was peering over my shoulder before I turned into his hard shoulder.

"Ow." I groaned as I heard Meredith still laughing. I almost immediately stopped complaining when I saw how hot he was. I would let this man step on me and not complain.

"You alright pretty lady?" He asked with a smirk. The way he was looking at me had me in chokehold, and oh my he called me pretty lady.

"I'm fine." I huffed reminding myself that he's definitely a doctor if he's even bothering talking to an intern. Sadly I'm sworn off doctors. I've seen what's happened with Cristina and Meredith, and I won't let that happen to me. Just so you know Alex doesn't count, I started sleeping with him before I sworn them off.

"You look a little young to be an intern. How old are you?" He asked seeming like he wanted to keep this conversation going, and I clearly wasn't going anywhere while Meredith was just watching us like it was the beginning of the perfect love story.

"22.." I uttered under my breath while looking over at Meredith in embarrassment. He looks like he's at least in his thirty's, he has plenty of gray hair.

"22 years old? How is that even possible?" He asked a bit in shock but remained smirking at me like I was just about the hottest person he had ever seen. It was clear this mystery man was a player, and I need to find labs!

"I just turned 22 last week. I skipped preschool..graduated high school at 16, and did an accelerated courses of study during college." I explained this like I did basically every single day here, I have this memorized.

"Where are your braces and pigtails?" He teased tugging on a front piece of my blonde hair still smirking at me.

"For your information I got my braces off last year." I joked but was being serious, my teeth were crooked what can I say?

"Are you new here?" I questioned now I was the one trying to keep the conversation going with him.

"Visiting. Confounded by all the rain and it's only my first day in town." The older man responded as he leaned against the counter but was still taller than me.

"You get used to it." I smiled at the man who was smirking back. He was definitely checking me out but I'm definitely not complaining since I'm doing the same.

"Makes me wanna stay in bed all day." The hot man said as he walked to the other side of me. I can feel myself melting under his strong sharp gaze.

"We just met and already you're talking about bed. Not very subtle, not that that's a bad thing." I replied writing in the chart so I wouldn't have to keep on making eye contact with him.

"Subtle has never been my strong suit. So do you ever go out with co-workers?" He asked making me jump up and down on the inside but I remanded cool on the outside. I didn't want to seem desperate, I know how to deal with men like him.

"Not my cup of tea." I smiled.

"Alex Karev." Meredith coughed and not so discreetly let out inbetween each fake cough. I elbowed her making her laugh again.

"Then I am so glad that I don't work here, uh Lucy." He asked reading my id card so he would know my name.

"I hate to be the barrier of bad news but Lucy he's a doctor. You don't do doctors!" Meredith reminded me as the nurse handed me the labs I was looking for. As I got them from her I turned back around and saw Derek punching the hot man in the face.

"Aah!" Derek exclaimed as he shaked his fist.

"What the hell was that?!" Meredith asked stunned, I was just as stunned that I couldn't get words out. I got down to my knees to see if he was out, thankfully for Derek he wasn't.

"That was Mark." Derek let out as Meredith and him walked away bickering. Holy shit! Mark Sloan was flirting with me! He's the best plastic surgeon on the east coast.

1013 words
"the day I met you I started dreaming"