27

We had lunch in old guys room like always. Alex filled me in on what happened with the twins and Elena who is one of their girlfriends. They could totally have a reality show, and I would watch.

"I think it's romantic. Two brothers fighting over the same woman." Izzie exclaimed as we entered the old guys room. Her voiced dropped when she saw Cristina was here.

"You know what's freaky though? Conjoined twins having sex in front of the other one. How do you do that?" Alex brought up something I have been wondering all day but way too embarrassed to ask about.

"I was thinking the exact same thing." I said as we sat down on the dresser next to each other.

"Family is complicated." Mer sighed as she sat in the seat next to Cristina on the other side of the room.

"Y'know what else is complicated, or in better words hard to wrap my head around. How is Cristina still here?" I wondered as I tossed an almond into my mouth.

"Lucy." Meredith let out shaking her head.

"You're here. You haven't been kicked out of the program yet." Alex pointed out the obvious after stuffing his face.

"Alex." Meredith replied.

"No not yet. I'm still here." Cristina responded with a fake smile. She shouldn't be kicked out of the program but she does deserve some sort of punishment.

"How'd you do it? I mean did you have some sort of secret signal in surgery so that the nurses wouldn't know?" Alex asked another question I was wondering. Great minds think alike.

"Alex..." Meredith repeated his name trying to get him to let it go.

"What? I'm just wondering how to get ahead around here. Me, I get coffee for Sloan. Yang she gets surgeries none of us would get." Alex let out looking a Izzie, George and I to back him up.

"Got a head count on how many patients you two have lied to in the past month?" George questioned as he analyzed the lamp close by.

"George..."

"Leave her alone. Her patients lived so she gets to scrub in." Izzie said in a soft tone. I do actually agree with this statement. Izzie lied about one patient who sadly died, Cristina lied about way more than one and they lived so she gets a warning?

"Izzie!"

"Meredith do you actually have something to say or are you just gonna keep saying our names?" I question with a forced smile.

"Lucy!"

"Meredith... please, can you just stop defending me?" Cristina asked in an angry tone.

As I was eating I got paged by Sloan. I rolled my eyes and left the room. I didn't grab my lunch Alex or George can have it for all I care.

"I got your page." I said as I walked up to Sloan who was surprisingly at a counter. When is he not at a counter?

"I need another cappuccino." Mark informed me without even looked at me once.

"Did you think I was kidding before? I don't do coffee." I repeated myself so maybe this time it will so through his thick skull.

"I am your attending. And if you want in on my surgery, you're going to learn how to fetch, and stay and heel." Mark demanded as he pulled out the twenty once again. I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He's lucky I need a certain amount of OR time to pass my internship. He basically just told me to act like a dog? Maybe he should act like a gentleman!

"Fine." I gave up and took the money with a glare on my face.

"Don't fetch angry." Sloan teased after I walked away.

"I am not a dog!" I shout from about ten feet away making him smirk to himself. Mark is very satisfied with himself after this. I am gonna take forever getting him this damn cappuccino.

About two hours later it was time for the twins surgery. I was told to stand in the corner and observe with Alex. I'd probably have a better view from up in the gallery.

I didn't notice but I was staring at Mark the whole time. In my defense he was one of the tallest people in here and one of the only ones I could even watch. Sloan looked up at me and we held eye contact for about a second or two.

"Dr. Bailey, I'd like my intern to observe from a better vantage point." Dr. Sloan told Bailey as he looked over at me once again. I could tell her was smiling behind that mask. He thinks he's my knight and shining armor for requesting I stand closer? Well for today he is...only for today, since today is almost over.

"Dr. Allen?" Bailey questioned.

"Yes, she is my intern today. And I'd like her nearby not stuck in the corner like a dog." Dr. Sloan replied as he winked at me. He's so rude and nice at the same time. I hate it, but at the same time it's quite funny being around him.

"No problem. Allen, come stand behind Sloan." Bailey doesn't give me a choice but even if she did I wouldn't hesitate to stand closer.

I quickly make my way over to stand right behind Mark. I still had to stand on my tippy toes to see but it was a much better view.

"Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, we have 4 functioning legs." Derek let out as he did that goofy grin behind his mask. Everyone broke out in applause since this is probably a once in a lifetime thing. All the surgeons split and began worked on the twins separately.

"It'd be nice if every love triangle could be fixed with a scalpel." Derek let out as I continued to stand behind Mark and watch. I'll put twenty bucks that they are best friends again by the end of next week.

"If they could you'd have stabbed me with a 10-blade a long time ago." Mark joked making the three of us all laugh.

The rest of the surgery was pretty uneventful but in the end McDreamy and McSteamy pulled it off.

I was stretching my legs in the hallway ready for a long night since I am the intern on call tonight. My legs were but sore from standing on my tippy toes for all that time but it was totally worth it. I stretched my leg all the way up to my head trying to keep them moving so they don't feel worse later when Sloan walked over.

"Thats not normal. You shouldn't be purposely bending that way." Mark joked as I did the same with the other leg.

"I'm very flexible." I responded with a smile as I noticed he still had his scrub cap on.

"I see that." Dr. Sloan winked at me like he always does. I'm seriously concerned for this mans eye it's always winking. I think he has a twitch in his right eye.

I roll my eyes as I continue to smile at him while I walk away. Before I left I stood on my tippy toes and untied his scrub cap for him. He had salt and pepper hair that I've always found so attractive.

1225 words
"I know that you feel me somehow"