13

I was sitting next to Cristina on the end while Alex was on the other end. I gave them each a pack of M&Ms and a juice box even Alex. Finally it started...

"Okay people. Let's begin. Patient #34986 died last month from complications following a heart transplant. Dr. Burke will present." Richard Webber stood on the stage with patient 34986's information behind him.

"You guys..."George let out in a whisper but Alex continued for him.

"isn't patient #34986..."Alex whispered but I finished the sentence since he was talking way too slow.

"Denny. It's Denny."

"$8 million. 8 million could get us on a plane to somewhere far, far away." Cristina told us and she was right. We could just run away from our problems, but they follow you everywhere just like guilt does. No matter where you go it follows, even if you have a fake name.

Burke presented Dennys case and then Bailey was called up to talk about it. A man even blamed Bailey for having a baby that's why we lost Denny. Not all doctors aren't all good people.

Alex yelled at a doctor and we all saw that Izzie was watching the whole time. This isn't as much fun as I thought it would be, it's not fun at all.

After the M&M I was told to go to Mrs. Niles room. As I finally made it to the room, I stopped when I heard what Bailey was saying.

"Do you think you could talk to her? She's freaking out. She's not too sure about the mastectomy, she's thinking maybe a lumpectomy. I know she likes you. Maybe you could talk her into..." Mr. Niles asked but got cut off.

"No it's not my job to talk her into anything. Maybe if she knew more about her reconstructive options. I'll send our plastic surgeon up. Allen page Sloan." Bailey said as Mr. Niles and I walked into his wife's room. I page Sloan right before I walk in.

"I'm Dr. Allen, Dr. Sloan with be up in just a minute to talk about other options rather than the mastectomy. Which you don't have to do if you don't want to. It's your choice, it's your body. You get to pick what you do with it." I tell her with a faint smile as I walk over to the left side of her bed since I know Mark prefers to be on the right.

After about two minutes Karev, Bailey and Sloan walked in with a tray holding two different types of breast implants.

"If you go ahead with the mastectomy, there are several reconstructive options. Saline implants are used most often. But silicone has a more natural look and feel."

"I can't deal with this right now." Mrs. Niles sighed just as her baby started crying once again. She was already tired, and I understand he just wants to be with his wife but she needs a break.

"Diana... come on. It'll take two seconds, huh?" Mr. Niles said as he started rocking the baby.

"You're the one who has to feel them so you decide." Diana replied giving her baby the tiniest glare ever.

"I don't care."

"Dude, believe me, you care." Karev told him making me give him the biggest glare ever.

"Dr. Karev." Bailey mumbled.

"Dude, he's right. You care." Mark added with a nod.

"If I hear the word dude one more time I might throw up." I whispered so only the three other doctors next to me could hear.

I got into the elevator to go to lunch. Derek was already the only one in there. It's a big hospital and people talk so I know he finalized his divorce today.

"You're finally a free man, Shep. How's the single life treating you?" I asked trying to remain neutral by not bringing up Meredith since I know he walked away. On one side Derek is one of my best friends and on the other side Meredith is one of my best friends. Who do I side with? I don't even know.

"Atleast Addison didn't cheat on me with a senior citizen." Derek laughed as I let out a dramatic hurt gasp.

"No, she cheated on you with your best friend. And for the record I was never dating Alex." I replied and at this point we were both dying laughing at our pathetic love life's.

"Don't even bring Mark up around me. He's like the face of one night stands." Derek joked but it got me thinking. Should I tell my close friend that I kissed his ex best friend? Definitely not, but I can't keep white lies if my life depended on it. It's ironic I can lie about my whole ass identity, but not if I stole the last donut. When I tell white lies I can't help but be awkward and nervous.

"I gotta go...it was nice seeing you Derek!" I exclaim as I got off on the wrong floor just to avoid spilling my white lie. I took the stairs the rest of the way.

"I think I'm going to buy something for Bailey, and for Burke. What do you think Burke would want?" Izzie asked as I took my seat at our table like always.

"Nothing you could buy with money." Cristina answered while putting her curly black hair up.

"He likes Jazz." George also answered with a full mouth. With how fast he answered he could be the one dating Burke.

"I'm not buying him a CD George. I'm a multi-millionaire. It needs to be something... big." Izzie really emphasized the word big. The thing is us multi millionaires stay multi millionaires cause we don't go around buying people expensive shit.

"A house in the Bahamas." Meredith suggested as I glared at my food. I couldn't eat it, just looking at it made me sick to my stomach. That's another things when I'm stressed I can't eat, and keeping white lies make me stressed. When I'm stressed I also have the urge to work out, which was the thing that got me through med school by 22. It's taking everything out of me to not go to the physical therapy unit and jump on an elliptical.

"I'd buy the Bahamas. Or a Bahama. I'd buy an island y'know for eight million dollars if buy an island." Alex told us looking straight at me as I glared at my food.

"Uh I'd buy a yacht and travel." I said as I snapped out of my trance. I only said that cause I actually did do that or I made my dad buy me a yacht. I haven't seen that bad boy in a long time, I wonder if my dad takes it out during the summer still.

"Oh you're interns. When would you have time to go to your Bahama? Or travel on your yacht?" Cristina questioned.

"I'd quit." Alex answered for me but I wouldn't quit for any amount or anything. I was born to save lives.

"No you wouldn't. You're a surgeon. You operate. That's what you do. Sorry." Cristina apologized to Izzie who isn't a surgeon any longer, after she actually quit.

"Why? I'm fine. I'm fine. I am not a surgeon." Izzie lied she was not fine. Seeing us in our light blue scrubs was eating her up inside, she wants to be wearing these unflattering scrubs. She wants to save lives.

"My patient, a 30 year old with advanced breast cancer. I say live your life while you can in the Bahamas."

"She's my patient actually. Bailey just didn't have any where else where you were actually needed since you have such a lack of skill." I let out and kinda felt bad afterwards but I'm rude when I don't eat. You see where this is going? White lies aren't my friend. White lies cause me to be awkward which causes stressed so I don't eat which causes me to be rude even if Alex deserves it.

"Have you told Derek yet that you broke up with Finn?" Izzie changed the subject as I stood up to go throw away my tray of untouched food.

"Hey! I would've eaten that." George called out as I dropped the food into the trash.

"Come and get it then." I say as I toss my apple into the trash and out my tray away.

1408 words
"whoever said money can't solve your problems must not have had enough money to solve them"