33

3.18
scars and souvenirs

Meredith pulled through her near death experience once again but I can't say the same for her mom.

After George got married he obviously moved in with Callie, but they now live in a hotel. Alex now lives with Mer but most of the time he still sleeps over at my place.

I got put back on the Jane Doe with Alex. All anyone can talk about is who the two ringers the chief brought in to possibly take his place. I'm a bit interested myself.

"Anybody come looking for me yet?" Jane Doe asked in a raspy voice while Alex and I both stood at opposite sides of her.

"Sadly not-" I got cut off my the Jane Doe's not so secret man crush. Same Jane Doe, same.

"No match on your prints, no hits from missing persons plus..."Alex trailed off.

"My face is hard to identify." Jane Doe finished Alex sentence for him.

"The second they find something out about your identity, I'm gonna come tell ya." Alex told her as he sat on her bed. Oh?

"Dr. Sloan says I need surgery on my eye."

"He just wants to make sure you don't lose vision there completely." I purposely took her attention way from Alex. I also was feeling like a third wheel in my own situationship.

"But Dr. Montgomery I should wait a day or two because of the baby. I don't know how I'm supposed to take that." Jane Doe responded slowly turning her head to look at me.

"Yeah, well, surgery can be hard on a baby but you're gonna be on a fetal monitor the whole time so if anything goes wrong we'll catch it." I said as her eyes watered.

"Thank you. I really...I really appreciate you guys taking the time to...you're all I've got in this place." Jane Doe told Alex and I but was clearly only talking mainly to Alex.

Alex and I left to go see if we can find out who the ringers up for the chiefs spot are.

"You guys seen Bailey? What are we doing?" Izzie asked as she walked up to the big group of interns trying to see into the chiefs office. Who are the ringers? I heard one of them is from Harvard which could be a good thing. I was an amazing student and all my professors absolutely adored me. Lauren and I grew up around most of them.

"Uh, checking out the new chief candidates ." George replied. Sadly no one could see the candidates because of the way they're standing.

"Chiefs in with the ringers. We're lurking, in a way that was subtle when there were two of us but isn't now that it's thirteen." Meredith explained as Izzie stood next to me.

"I heard one is from Stanford and the other is from Harvard. All the professors there loved me." Cristina bragged and boasted in a confident tone.

"Same. I was a total teachers pet whoever's behind that door definitely loves me." I bragged and boasted in a confident tone.

"They loved you?" Alex questioned while he stood behind me. I could feel his breath on my neck that's how close he was.

"I was a great student."

Burke walks up with Derek while they chatted about something I couldn't care less about all I care about is who's behind that door.

"How you doing, Grey?" Burke asked in a soft voice.

"Oh, I'm fine sir. Thank you." Mer answered as Cristina pushed him out of the way so we could see into the chiefs office.

"She doesn't like when you ask." George whispered.

"The ringers are in there with the chief." Cristina filled him in on why most of the interns are camping outside of the chiefs office.

"Yeah and whoever they are just loves Cristina and Lucy cause everyone at Stanford and Harvard just loved Cristina and Lucy." Izzie exclaimed in a dramatic fake perky voice.

"Shut up." Cristina and I said in sync as we both gave her a dirty look. She's just mad she went to state school.

"Ok, they're coming out, look away." George informed the big group of surgeons. I didn't look away for a second. I think I even forgot to blink.

Richard walks out with a Stanford professor I didn't recognize at first and my dad Lucas. What the actual fuck...they could've brought in anyone else. Anyone else.

"That's Lucas Moore." Derek let out in shock.

"That's Colin Marlow." Preston let out in shock.

Cristina and I both look nauseous. I don't know why she looks nauseous but I actually think I might throw up. This is shit.

"Like the Moore method? And like the Marlow transplant? Wait isn't that your dad Lucy?" Alex asked making everyone look at me. I think they forgot about that which I could've lived with. My dad looked my way and i immediately dipped.

"Fuck me." I uttered as I rush to go find Lauren. This is so strange and stupid. I came to Seattle to get away from my family not for all of them to follow me here. My dad better not get this fucking job, but as of right now he's definitely the best candidate.

"Lauren...Lucas-uh dad is here. He's here and he's in the running for chief." I tried to catch my breath as I put my hand on her shoulder to calm myself down.

"He brought that up but I thought he was joking." Lauren responded making me even more shocked. What? He talked to her about this and she didn't tell me?

"He brought this up and you didn't think to tell me?" I asked taking my hand off her shoulder and on my hip.

"I didn't think he was being serious, and I thought he already told you since he told me." Lauren explained while she briefly looked at the chart she was holding.

"I haven't talk to him since I left massachusetts. Y'know when I thought it was a good idea to dye my hair and make up a fake last name!" I told her then leaned on the close by counter. Am I dreaming? Someone pinch me.

1045 words
"daddy I think I made it"