10

I sat there for a good ten minutes trying to page Lauren. As I was going to click the button another thirty times Mark stopped me.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I stood in the corner of the room holding my pager. I thought it was pretty obvious what I was doing but whatever.

"Paging Dr. Moore like you instructed." I answered not even turning back to look at him. I just remanded facing the corner but I stopped hitting the page button since that was clearly annoying him.

"If she's not answering she's obviously doing something. Page Shepherd." Mark told me in a rude tone he then had the audacity to scoff.

I paged Shepherd once and gave him five minutes to respond before I'll page again. As I watched the clock waiting for Shepherd Dr Bailey came in, when Bailey walks into a room it's like impossible for me to not look at her so I turned around at the sound of her voice.

"I was just checking on the Sullivans, and how is he doing?" Bailey asked as she briefly looked over at the case.

"And you are?" Mark interrupted.

"Dr. Bailey...we met this morning. I was the resident on Mr. Sullivan's bypass." Miranda reminded the much taller man.

"Well I don't need a resident on this case."

"Excuse me, I wasn't asking to be your resident. I was asking how my patient was doing." Dr. Bailey told him and even though she has to look up to him she talks down to him, and he does the same in return.

"He's not your patient any more." Mark let out as he patted Bailey on the shoulder. This made me let out a shocked gasp. I've never actually seen anyone talk down to Bailey and if I'm being honest it's kinda frightening.

After four minutes Derek walks into the room. He gave me a smile but that grin quickly went away after he looked at Mark. Same Derek, Same.

"Mr. Sullivan I want to recommend a night of observation in the ICU before Dr. Sloan proceeds with your surgery." Shepherd suggested after he finished his consult.

"Is that really necessary Dr. Shepherd?" Mark asked making Derek come closer to him. They were now standing right next to each other with Derek faced towards that door and Mark faced towards Mr. Sullivan. They were only this close so they could talk about the patient that could obviously still hear them. I was standing right behind them trying to remain unnoticed as I listen into their conversation.

"The longer we wait, the higher the risk of infection." Mark whispered.

"I think it's important that we attend to potential life threatening injuries before moving on to cosmetics, Dr. Sloan." Derek whispered back or atleast he thought he was whispering I'm pretty sure everyone within a five feet radius could hear us.

"He's not here for a face lift Derek. He's a burn victim." Mark replied as I awkwardly looked down at my shoes so I didn't have to see Derek's upset face. See this is why I wanted to page Lauren instead.

"Why did you ask for a consult if you've already established a course of action?" Dr Shepherd questioned.

"Because I thought you were good enough at your job to put aside the personal and do what's best for the patient." Dr Sloan whisper shouted back as Derek talked over him.

"My job? You're telling me how to do my job?" Derek rolled his eyes while looking at me making me laugh a bit. Mark looked back at me with a glare making me immediately wipe the smile off my face. I will not be stuck on coffee duty like Karev.

"Please, I'm sure it's complicated. And I know Shawnie's sorry for lighting that smoke. He was trying to keep his word to Dr. Bailey. He told her he wasn't going to smoke when he got home. And he was just trying to keep his word. He knows he did wrong. But he's-he's a salesman, that's who he is. So could you just fix his face? Could you do that for us please?" Mrs. Sullivan stood up to face the two attendings that were being completely unprofessional.  They didn't even dignify her with a response, they both just walked out of the room. I followed close behind.

"If what happened between me and Addison is so unforgivable, then how do you justify what happened with you and Meredith?" Mark asked keeping his calm demeanor, but Derek on the other hand wasn't.

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"You want me to be the bad guy, fine. But I'm not the only bad guy here Derek. You and me...we're the same." Mark told him then they both walked their separate ways, I of course had to follow Dr Sloan until told otherwise.

This situation got me thinking, who am i? Mark said Derek and him are the same, they are both "bad guys." But I just don't know if that's true.

In my eyes Derek Shepherd is an amazing neurosurgeon who made a mistake by not telling Meredith he was married, a really really horrible mistake.

In my eyes Mark Sloan is an amazing plastic surgeon who also happens to be a huge man whore that ruined this bestfriends marriage by sleeping with his wife.

But everyone that doesn't know them they see them as people that dedicate their lives to save other people's lives. Their surgeons.

Is that all your defined by? What you do? Take Mr. Sullivan all his wife and him can talk about is him being a salesman. That's who he is. But he also is addicted to smoking. We all are more than what we say we are but I'm not even who I say I am. Who am I?

Am I Lucy Allen?

Or

Am I Lucy Moore?

I am a liar that's what I am. I'm a jealous hot headed liar, who just so happens to have the need to be perfect at everything. But what people see is just another intern at Seattle grace.

1028 words
"I spent the whole day in my head"