28

3.13
great expectations

Today went by fast. It was pretty easy for me I can't say the same for George. Sadly his dad didn't make it. I don't think I can go home and look at his sad face without alcohol in me. I go to the liquor store down the street and get the biggest bottle of brandy.

I walk into my house hold the bandy in one hand and my keys in the other. I expected George to be here but he wasn't. It makes sense that he's with his family. I poured two glasses of brandy and bring them to the living room where Lauren was looking at a patients chart. I grab the chart and toss it to the other sofa as I sit down next to her.

"Here. Drink." I say as I hand her the other glass of brandy.

"I haven't had brandy since college." Lauren told me as she made a face after taking a sip of the brandy.

"That's so sad. It's the best drugstore liquor you can get." I state as I rest my feet on the coffee table.

"I beg to differ."

"We are not having this argument right now, I will win." I reply with a grin as I already finish my glass of brandy.

I go back to the kitchen and grab the whole bottle of brandy and pour myself some more.

"How's work going? I barely ever see you in Neuro anymore." Lauren said as we both looked straight at the tv that wasn't even on.

"It's good. Bailey makes the assignments so I don't really get a choice. I'd rather not talk about work." I let out a sigh just thinking about how I've been stuck helping with facelifts and noses jobs for weeks on end.

"Fine, let's talk about you and Alex." Lauren suggested making me sigh louder.

"We're just so different. I don't know if I even want a relationship with anyone, and he definitely doesn't. It's confusing, and really complicated. One day he's all heart eyes over me and the next we're fighting." I rant while doing hand gestures that I didn't even notice.

"That sucks."

George and Callie kept us all up last night...but I have to be supportive for my bestfriend who's going through a lot. I guess we all grieve in different ways if that means having sex all night that's alright.

To start off rounds Dr. Montgomery has a GYN patient for George and I to see. Maybe I'll finally have a chance to get back on her service.

"Denial. Dr. Montgomery is sex another form of denial?" I asked Addison making George burst out laughing. This is a serious question. All I can hear at night is George and Callie going at it. I need my beauty sleep to look this good.

"What? What do you know?" Montgomery took off her glasses all seriously like she was hiding something. I don't have time to worry about that. I can't barely think straight after being up all night being forced to listen to George and Callie having sex multiple times, no one should ever have to go through that. No one.

"That you have a GYN patient here that you want us to see." George changed the subject way from his denial sex and whatever Addisons hiding.

"That's right. That's right, I do. Shall we." Addison walked away leading the way for us. George and I took a second to stare at each other. We were both thinking the same thing, Addison is acting weird.