What now?

A new social worker walked through the door to my room. Her long brown hair was curled and she was wearing a navy blazer over a white top.
"Hi" she said.
I sat up in my bed.
"I'm Danielle Snow" she said "and you must be Ellie"
I nodded. The social worker laughed.
"Good, cause if I got the wrong girl someone would definitely off me"
I smiled.
"Anyways" she walked closer "we've found you a home"
I sat up even straighter.
"Really?"
She nodded.
"Wow thank you mrs..."
"Call me Danielle" she smiled.
"Okay then" I pulled away my blanket from my legs and swung them over the side of the bed.
"You just pack your stuff" Danielle gestured to my bag "no stress".
I packed up all my stuff, my charger, book and my sweater and then Danielle walked with me to get me signed out and then we were off. We walked out and then she drove us out from the hospital parking lot onto a busy road. We drove towards the city, I guess I was going back to LA. Danielle turned her head and looked at me. Her eyes went from my face to my shaking hands and back to the road.
"You okay?" Her tone soft and wondering.
"Yeah" I shrugged.
"You know, you suck at lying" Danielle chuckled.
I sighed.
"You nervous?" She asked.
"Mhm" I looked out of the side window.
"You know" Danielle sighed "I have a daughter"
I turned to her.
"Really?"
"Yup" she smiled, looking out onto the busy road "well she's not biologically mine, I adopted her through the agency."
"Is this supposed to be some kind of hint?" I laughed.
"I'm just saying that I know my fair share of lies" Danielle shrugged.
"Can I ask you something?" I asked.
"You just did but I'll give you another shot"
"How does love feel?"
Danielle raised her eyebrows.
"I need you to be more specific".
"How does it feel to be loved?" I asked.
Danielle sat quiet for a while, thinking about her answer.
"Knowing that people care is like having a cup of hot chocolate" Danielle finally said. "It's warm and sweet"
She looked over at me.
"Why are you asking?"
"Because I don't know that feeling" I answered her. "And I don't know what to do when I do get that feeling"
Danielle turned to me for a quick moment and smiled.
"You take it in, and you care for them the same way"
"Wise words from a wise person" I answered her.
We just chatted about books the rest of the way, until we pulled up against an apartment building.
"We're here" Danielle pulled the parking break and pulled out the keys. "Let's go"
We stepped outside and I pulled my duffel over my shoulder. This was it. My heart was pounding in my ears as Danielle led me in to an elevator. She pressed on the fifth floor button and the elevator started moving. I could barely hear the sappy elevator music over my heart pounding in my ears. The elevator stopped and the doors slid open. The corridor in front of us was light, the walls coated in a light paint. Danielle walked in front of me. I just followed her. We walked for a minute and then Danielle stopped in front of a door and knocked. I heard footsteps and then the front door swung open.