New Home

"David, this is so not a fucking good idea, Los Angeles is known for being a Supernatural cesspool!" Séan complained and Daithi slammed his hands down on the box he was packing.

"I'll be fine, for the hundredth time. Humans and the non humans have been getting along for nearly 30 years now, I'll be safe!" He insisted and Séan rolled his eyes.

"Now are you going to help me pack or what? I'm supposed to leave tomorrow, so I want to have all this packed so Mam can have my things shipped to me asap. It's going to take a few days for me to get there anyway," he said and Séan pushed off where he was leaning against the counter with a sigh.

"Yeah yeah, you better come back and visit though, the fuck am I supposed to do with you gone? Visit Dan?" He grumbled and Daithi laughed.

"I mean, that's your best bet. Or you can always come visit me in LA," he teased and Séan made a face. Daithi rolled his eyes and finished taping the box down, looking around to make sure he didn't forget anything.

"Mam will be here tomorrow to pick all this up after I fly out. If you find anything of mine, just put it in a box and once it's full just send it or keep it, I obviously didn't think it important enough if I forgot it here," Daithi said, lifting the box and setting it with the others.

Séan just shrugged and Daithi rolled his eyes. "It's for school, Séan, once I'm done I'll be coming back, okay? It's not forever, and I'll be home for holidays, I promise," he said, holding his pinky out.

Séan grinned at the motion and linked pinkies. "Fine. But if you find yourself a guy or gal, I better be the first one to know," he insisted and Daithi rolled his eyes again.

"I'm not going for dating, I'm going for school. Now let's order in so I can get to bed, I'll pay," he said with a wink and Séan laughed.

They ordered some takeout and sat on the couch, a random movie playing on the TV. Once the food was gone and Daithi had washed his dishes, he hugged Séan tightly.

"You better be up to say bye," he demanded and Séan let out a long suffering sigh. "Yeah yeah yeah, I can't believe you're making me get up at 7am, that's so gross," he grumbled and Daithi shook his head.

"As soon as I'm gone you can go back to bed, jeez," he teased and Séan stuck his tongue out at him. "Go to bed, you damn potato, I'll see you in the morning," he said amused and Daithi grinned.

He headed to his bedroom, which was now completely bare except for the bed and a change of clothes for the morning. He laid there a moment, listening to Séan move around for a while before heading to his own room.

Tomorrow he was moving to LA, by himself. He couldn't wait, but he knew he'd miss Séan and the rest of their small friend group here in Ireland. He rolled over under the covers and closed his eyes. Tomorrow would be a new start.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Flight 3178 to New York is now boarding"

Daithi adjusted his hold on his carry on, looking over at Séan and his mother. Séan had insisted on coming to see him off, even though Daithi had told him he didn't have to.

"It's only until Christmas, and I'll be home for a whole month, yeah? I love you guys," he said, trying to ignore his mothers tears. He gave her a kiss on the cheek before leaning over to hug Séan, straightening up and smiling brightly at them.

"Study hard, don't get hard," Séan said with a wink and Daithi flushed dark, giving him a glare. Séan just laughed, Daithi's mom rolling her eyes as she was used to Séan's antics.

"See you later," Daithi said with a laugh, moving find his gate. Thankfully it wasn't too far, and he joined the line of people waiting to board. Once he got to the front, he scanned his boarding pass and went to find his seat.