New Doubts

Daithi swept the floor of the store, in a bit of a negative mood. It'd been 3 weeks since he'd kissed Tyler's cheek and nothing had changed. Tyler acted like nothing had happened, which was good, but at the same time, Daithi felt like his heart had been stomped on.

"Hey," he heard behind him and turned to see Lui, the smaller man grinning at him. Daithi had become decent friends with this guy over the last couple weeks, the man showing up almost every shift. They'd been texting loads too, the man funny as hell.

"Hey Lui, I'll be off in about 20 minutes," he said and Lui nodded. "Sweet, think I can come hang out? Mom has friends over and I do not want to deal with them," he said with an eye roll and Daithi laughed.

"Yeah, sure," he said amused and Lui fist pumped. "Fuck yeah. I'll wait for you outside," he said, waving. Daithi nodded, finishing his tasks before going to clock out.

"So, anything new going on at school?" Lui asked and Daithi shook his head. "Nothing more but more and more work. I'm exhausted," he said with a sigh and Lui grinned.

"That's why I didn't bother with college, I had a job available with my dad after high school and I took it," he said and Daithi stuck his tongue out at him.

They reached the apartment and Lui looked around, eyes lingering on Evan's and Jon's door. "How are your friends?" He asked and Daithi shrugged.

"They're good. I'm working with Evan on his project and he's helping me with some lyrics for mine. My art portfolio is looking great with some help from John, I'm almost done with my final project in that class," he said and Lui nodded.

"You close to Evan?" Lui asked curiously and Daithi shrugged. "I mean, he's one of my best friends. I see him most days," he said and Lui nodded thoughtfully as Daithi unlocked his door.

"Come on in, you thirsty?" Daithi asked and Lui followed him inside, nodding. "You got any sodas?" He asked and Daithi waved a hand at his fridge. "Go find whatever, I don't mind. I'm going to go change really quick," he said and Lui nodded, moving to raid the fridge.

Daithi changed quickly, heading back to the kitchen to grab himself a drink. A knock came at the door and Daithi went to answer, brightening at Tyler.

"Hey, you busy?" Tyler asked and Daithi shook his head, standing aside so he could walk in. "Not busy. I just have Lui over," he said, gesturing at the man standing in the kitchen.

Tyler paused, frowning at Lui. "Hi! I'm Lui, it's nice to meet you. You must be, Tyler? Daithi's told me a lot about you," Lui said cheerfully, Daithi flushing at the look Tyler gave him.

"Yeah, I'm Tyler. I'll leave you two alone then, I'll see you later Daithi," he said a bit coldly and Daithi frowned, following Tyler to the door.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly and Tyler shook his head. "Nothing, don't worry about it Okay? Just. Be careful around him, he doesn't feel right," he said and Daithi frowned confused.

"He said he's a baldander, they're not dangerous creatures," he said and Tyler tilted his head with a frown. "He doesn't feel like a baldander, but if you trust him okay. You have your necklace?" He asked and Daithi nodded, pulling it from under his shirt.

Tyler touched it with a gloved finger, nodding to himself. "Keep that on you, and keep your barriers up, I don't like the feel of this guy, okay?" He said and Daithi frowned as he tucked the pendant back under his shirt.

"I've been hanging with him for over 3 weeks now Ty, if he was dangerous he'd have done something by now. Just trust me, okay?" He said quietly and Tyler sighed.

"Okay. Text me when he leaves, alright?" He requested and Daithi nodded, watching as Tyler walked down the hall.

"Everything alright?" Lui asked and Daithi nodded, turning to face him. "Yeah, everything fine. Tyler just doesn't like new people usually, doesn't like people in general actually. Anyway, I was going to go to the arcade, want to come with?" He asked and Lui perked up.