New Realisations

⚠️ VIOLENCE, BLOOD, TORTURE AND INJURIES⚠️

Lui had been living with him now for a month, and he and Daithi had been having a blast. The only other roommate Daithi had had was Séan, and while Lui was nothing like him, he still felt that sense of safety with him.

Currently Daithi and Lui were walking down the road, coming back from a cafe. Daithi refused to take him to his and his friends' cafe. That was just for them and he had a feeling Tyler would blow a fuse.

Tyler had apologized and things had gone back to normal, outside the fact that he refused to come around if Lui was there. Daithi had given up on trying to convince Tyler there was nothing wrong with Lui.

He didn't know why Tyler hated him so much. Even Brian had somewhat come around, though they spent most of their time bickering. They seemed to enjoy their fights though, so Daithi never took any of it seriously.

"So Daithi, I was thinking, we should throw a party," Lui said cheerfully, skipping beside him. "A party? Why?" He asked confused and Lui shrugged.

"For the fuck of it. You're a college dude now, you've gotta have parties," he said and Daithi rolled his eyes. "I don't think my apartment is big enough for a party. And I don't have many friends outside the ones in the apartments and Mark," he said amused and Lui shrugged.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, come on," he begged, his eyes locking with Daithi's a moment. Daithi wavered, a tingling of curiosity creeping in. "I'll think about it," he said finally and Lui sighed loudly.

"Dude, it'll be so much fun! Invite some new people, make some friends, maybe find someone to have some fun with?" He said with a wink, nudging him.

Daithi made a face, his thoughts turning to Tyler. "I don't want anyone to have some fun with," he said and Lui rolled his eyes. "Man, you really gotta let Tyler go. There's no way he likes you back, you're just messing with yourself now," he said and Daithi felt his heart drop.

"Really?" He asked quietly and Lui nodded unbothered. "Yes really, if he liked you he'd have thrown a much bigger fuss over me moving in. You said he barely reacted," he pointed out and Daithi frowned.

Honestly, the way Tyler had reacted was about as intense as Tyler ever reacted, but if he'd been truly upset he'd have done more, right?

Lui's words were getting to him, his thoughts swirling in his head. He really probably was just setting himself up for heartbreak. "What do I do then?" He asked and Lui shrugged, a glint in his eye that vanished just as quick as it appeared.

"You should probably create some distance between you two. Let yourself get over him," he said, Daithi tilting his head as his words spun around in his head.

"I-" he hesitated and Lui grabbed his arm. "It's for the best, Daithi. I'm your best friend, right? I know what's best for you," he said calmly and Daithi nodded slowly, blinking at him a moment.

"Yeah, yeah you're right. Okay," he said finally, Lui beaming as he let go of Daithi's arm. "Anyway, I've got to go to moms really quick to help her load her truck. I'll see you at home," he said and Daithi nodded, still a bit dazed.

Lui waved and ran off, Daithi watching him a moment before turning and continuing the walk back to the apartments. He walked inside his home, setting his keys and wallet by the door and pausing. The cord to his mind protector was still sitting there, but the pendant was missing. Where'd it go?

Daithi spent an hour searching everywhere, wondering where it'd gone. He kept forgetting to get a new chain, and cursed himself for losing the pendant.