New Roommate

"So Daithi, I had a question," Lui asked, spinning in the office chair Daithi had in his living room. "What?" Daithi asked, looking up from his laptop.

"Mom wants to move back to San Diego, and I really don't want to go back. Do you think possibly I could move in here? I'll bring my futon couch and sleep here in the living room," he asked, Daithi blinking surprised.

It'd only been about 3 weeks since Tyler had slept over, and Daithi was still torn between his and Lui's words. Both of them were saying the other was dangerous and to keep his guard up, but neither of them showed any signs of evil.

Lui had met Evan and Jon, getting along great with Evan. Brian seemed to have some kind of rivalry going on with him, Brock a bit indifferent. None of them seemed to find Lui dangerous, but they'd also been friends with Tyler for years and they all trusted him deeply.

Daithi also found himself unable to go anywhere alone. If he left the apartment, someone followed him. Which he was a bit thankful for after a week or two, because three times now they'd managed to prevent some weird accident from taking Daithi's life.

"You want to move in? With me?" Daithi asked surprised and Lui nodded. "Yeah man, I'll help with rent and cooking and all that shit. I don't want to go back to San Diego, I like it here in LA with you and the guys," he said, begging with his eyes.

Daithi wavered, biting his lip. "Um, okay. Sure, why not, it'd be fun," he said finally and Lui cheered. "Fucking sick, I'll tell mom and start packing. Maybe this weekend?" He asked and Daithi shrugged, nodding in agreement. It was only Tuesday, that'd be plenty of time to prepare the small apartment for an extra person.

Daithi's phone rang and he answered without looking. "Hey man! How's it going?" Séan asked cheerfully, Daithi lighting up. "Hey Séan, nothing much, just hanging out with Lui," he replied, Lui tilting his head curiously at him.

"Lui, that's that one who eases nightmares, right?" Séan asked, Daithi agreeing. A baldander was a gentle being that could sense and erase nightmares, something Daithi found cool as shit.

"Yeah, that's right. Probably why you haven't come back, you're a nightmare yourself," he teased and Séan gasped fakely. "Excuse me, I'm a fucking dream," he said offended and Daithi laughed.

"Anyway, how's Tyler," Séan asked teasingly. Daithi had made the mistake of letting Séan know Tyler had slept over a few weeks before and the other refused to let it go.

"Tyler's fine," he said with an eye roll and Séan laughed. Daithi ignored the look that crossed Lui's face at the mention of Tyler, the smaller man never liking hearing about him.

It really put Daithi in a bad spot, his two friends hating each other. "Right, anyway, Dan and Kevin want to know if you're coming home for Christmas? It's in a couple weeks," Séan asked and Daithi tilted his head thoughtfully.

"I want to, but I need to see if I can get tickets. It'll be difficult, and Lui is also moving in, so I'll be busy," he said and Séan said, "Lui is moving in? Are you sure?"

"Yeah? Why not?" He asked curiously and Séan sighed. "You just met the guy, and I don't know, when I talked to the others, they're not very certain about him."

"You talk to my friends? Since when?" Daithi asked surprised, Séan laughing. "Since I got home dipshit. Brian's cool, and so is Evan. But for real man, are you sure you want him to move in?" He asked and Daithi glanced at him, a hint of doubt wiggling in.

But he'd already said yes, and he didn't like going back on his word. "Yeah, I'm sure. I trust him," he said calmly and Lui beamed at him.

Séan sighed and said, "Alright then. But hey, I need to go, Kevin wants to come over. I'll talk to you later, yeah?"