New Opinions

Finally fucking Friday, Daithi thought to himself, dropping his stuff by the couch and dropping heavily on it. It'd been a long week, but thankfully nothing else weird had happened.

He'd met John's partner Smiity, the younger fae obviously much more mischievous than John. His brown eyes sparkled with glee, even as his face seemed so much younger and innocent.

When Smiity started talking, John had quickly nudged him and whispered in his ear, making the younger frown. That was when Daithi realised he'd felt his aura reaching for him and mentally drew up blocks against it.

But once John had talked to Smiity, Daithi felt that aura recede and he felt more grounded. He knew Smiity was only 18 technically (though John explained he was actually about 70 in human years, which was still very very young in fae years) and hadn't had a complete grasp of his abilities yet. Neither did John, but he had a bit more at 19.

He'd also met Anthony, though the shapeshifter had been a bit high. He had extremely frizzy hair, a constant smile and a cheerful aura. When Daithi had first met him, he'd been transformed into a large lynx cat sleeping on the window seat.

A knock came at the door and Daithi tilted his head back to look at it contemplating, sighing to himself. He stood and opened the door, tilting his head as he saw Brian, Brock, Evan, Jon and Tyler all standing there. Along with two new people he'd never seen.

"Hi!" Jon said cheerfully, walking into Daithi's apartment without waiting for a greeting. "Jon," Evan sighed and Daithi rolled his eyes, opening the door wider and welcoming them in.

"This is Scotty and Chrissy, they just got back this morning," Brock introduced, Daithi nodding at them. "Hello, I'm Daithi," he greeted, holding his hand out.

Chrissy took his hand, Daithi preparing for the tingle. Instead though, he felt as if someone had snapped a rubber band against his palm. He hissed but didn't yank back, Chrissy letting go a moment later.

"It's ancient, your power. I'll have to do a more in depth testing, but I'd say probably 15 to 20 generations ago," she mused, twirling some crystals around her wrist.

Daithi tilted his head curiously, rubbing the sting out of his palm. "Oh, I'm sorry, I should have warned you, I didn't hurt you too badly right?" Chrissy asked worriedly and Daithi shook his head.

"No, it just startled me. What do you mean by in depth testing?" He asked curiously and she shrugged. "DNA testing, I just need a single drop of your blood in a familial potion. Scotty, I need some herbs," she said and Scotty nodded easily.

"Sure, just tell me which ones, I'll have them to you by tomorrow," he said and she kissed his cheek before pulling a notebook out. She wrote down a few things before handing the paper to him.

He read them over, tilting his head. "I'll have to go get the seeds for this one, but I know where to get it. I'll go do it now, I'll see you later. Love you," he said to her, giving her a quick kiss before nodding to Daithi.

"It was nice to meet you, Daithi," he said cheerfully and Daithi smiled. "Nice to meet you too," he said and Scotty grinned, waving to the others behind Daithi and leaving.

Daithi turned to face his friends, Tyler eyeing him curiously. "Well, I'm glad to have a group of non humans as my friends to help me figure this out. Séan would have gone apeshit if he'd found out I had magic in me," he tried to joke, but he knew it fell flat as he considered his words.

Séan wasn't species-ist really, he just didn't know how to act around those who were different. There was a human in their old school that had a history of a magical human and he'd shunned them.