New Ideas

Daithi was worried, rushing about his room to get dressed fast. Séan was in the living room with Brian, Tyler and Evan, alone. They'd showed up asking if they wanted to join them for dinner, since it was Séan's last night in LA. He was heading home at 10 the next morning.

He hurried out to the living room once he was dressed, seeing Séan standing tense by the door while Brian, Evan and Tyler sprawled out on the couch.

"Ready?" Tyler asked, a faint smirk on his lips. Daithi knew he was having a blast making Séan uncomfortable and he just rolled his eyes at the other.

"Ready. Where we going?" He asked as the three stood. "We're meeting Brock, Jon, Chrissy, Scotty, Marcel and Kris at the Chinese buffet we took you to two weeks ago," Brian said and Daithi nodded easily.

"Come on Séan, we'll take your car yeah?" Daithi said, knowing the buffet was a couple miles away. "I'll drive."

"I'll come with you," Tyler said easily, Daithi shooting him a look. Tyler ignored it, smiling fakely at Séan. "It'll be nice to get to know Daithi's human friend better."

Daithi sighed silently, rubbing his forehead as he nodded. "Okay fine, but come on," he said and Séan shot him a look. "No arguing Séan, there's no point. Tyler's a stubborn bitch," he said, giving the other a grin.

Tyler winked at him and Daithi laughed lightly. "Guess I'm driving me and Brian. See you guys there," Evan said cheerfully, giving Séan a bright smile as they walked past him. Daithi saw Séan take a step back as Brian's shoulder brushed his, Daithi gritting his teeth in irritation.

It had been a long 3 days. Séan was doing better, he was polite to Daithi's friends and Daithi hadn't heard him say "monster" once. Not even a cut off word. But the fear remained, as did the avoidance.

Which he understood, Séan wouldn't be able to switch off lifelong fears that quick, but it still put Daithi on edge. Séan was quick to react if he felt as if he was in danger, and he carried a silver infused iron knife around for a reason. Most non humans were fatally allergic to silver or iron, though sirens were allergic to gold.

Daithi hadn't told Séan what any of his friends were, though Jon and Brian had been very forth coming with the information. Brock had even done some magical pranks on Séan, eyes fading from brown to black at the defensively disgusted look Séan had thrown Brian when he'd said he was a kitsune.

It took a lot to anger Brock, and a stranger insulting Brian was top on the list. Séan had made an offhand sexual remark under his breath about Brian changing form to do whatever he wanted to Brock and Séan had found himself in the presence of the shadow spirit possessing Brock.

Séan hadn't seen Brock since then, until now. And as Séan followed Tyler's instructions to the restaurant, Daithi prepared for a disaster.

The three walked in, finding all their friends already sitting there. They all brightened at the sight of them, Brock cheerily waving them over. They all sat down, Séan sitting a bit close to Daithi as he eyed Brock nervously.

"I'm sorry about the other day, I rarely let my temper get the best of me. But I'm not a fan of people insulting my partners race," Brock said calmly to Séan, the Irishman nodding quickly.

"I understand, I'm very sorry too. I can't always control my mouth, but I've really been trying. I don't want to offend any of you, you're Daithi's friends and that must mean you're good people. Daithi has yet to be wrong with that weird sixth sense of his," he said quietly, Daithi tensing at the mention of his magic.

Séan didn't know it was magic thankfully, just thought he was weirdly intuitive. Which, as Mark had explained, was sort of the truth, just enhanced. Mark was going to teach him how to lucid dream soon, and in doing that could have visions of the future. He couldn't wait.