2

Taehyung considered himself to have a competitive personality, he hated losing. But boy was he losing right now. It had been two months and his roommate hadn't spoken to him after that night. He avoided him like the plague and Taehyung tried hard, real hard, to ignore that but there was only so much that one could take and he was coming up on his breaking point.

"Maybe you should talk to him"

"Really Jimin? Talk to him? I did, and look where we are. The tension is becoming too much and I'm not sure I can stay in that room any longer"

"Are you sure you two don't know each other?"

"I'm positive. I think he's just naturally like this"

"I don't think so" Jimin trailed off, his attention set elsewhere.

"Why do you say that?"

Jimin physically turned Taehyungs head toward the direction that had piqued his interest. "I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure he's not naturally how you say"

What the fuck? So it was just him? Jungkook was talking, smiling with someone, a tall and broad someone whose back was to them. He watched the expressions that flashed over the boy with a heavy feeling weighing in his gut. The boys eyes sparkled and a smile fell on his lips. A sweet, small smile that left too soon for Taehyungs liking and he hated that it wasn't directed towards him.

Wait..

Why should he hate that? Who cares if the kid is smiling? Not him. Why should he care? Because he definitely didn't. At least that's what he was telling himself right now as he watched his roommate nodding his head enthusiastically to the other male who shifted his footing and now his face was shown.

"Oh my god. That's Kim Namjoon, from fourth year. He knows your roommate?" Jimin all but yelled in his ear.

Taehyung blocked out Jimin, his focus zeroed in on the two males still talking and still smiling. His fists tightening as the elder male ruffled the younger's hair earning an even wider smile from his roommate.

"Tae!! What the hell?!!"

He blinked back to reality when Jimin grabbed his hand and pried his fingers from the pen that had exploded in his grip. He hadn't even realized what he had done until Jimin was wiping his hand with napkins.

"I think you should go wash yourself in the bathroom before it stains"

"..yeah" he glanced back towards where the two were, now only finding Jungkook who was staring right back at him.

———————————————————

He paused his writing when three knocks came on his door, opening it he found someone he didn't recognize.

"Can I help you?"

"Is Kook in?"

"Who?"

"Jungkook. This is his room right?"

"Oh yeah. But he's not here right now" he looked the man up and down wondering what type of relationship Jungkook had with him. He willed the thought away remembering he didn't care. His roommate made it very clear that they would have nothing to do with each other, much to his dismay.

He hated it, the feeling of being hated. He came to terms that that is what was happening between him and Jungkook. He had seen his roommate around campus with that fourth year student a few more times, studying and talking normally. Jungkooks face was relaxed and he smiled, even saw him laughing once. When he was here though, his face was stoic and when he looked in Taehyungs direction it looked like he had smelled something foul.