16

"M..m.mom..it's..what are you doing here?" He was struggling to even talk, let alone ask a question. Being caught in such a position by his mother and hyungs was not the way Jungkook wanted to end his night. It was going well, too well, until now.

"Well.." she glanced at the boy, her son's roommate who was staring, unblinking, at her. Embarrassment and a little shame on his face as the boy looked at her with red cheeks and nervous eyes. Then there was her son who looked just as embarrassed looking anywhere but at her. She herself wasn't any better. Walking in on her own child in that situation was not what she ever wanted to do as a mother. At least their clothes were still on she told herself.

She cleared her throat and walked through the threshold, taking a seat on the open bed. "We were worried for you, Yoongi called me."

"What?" Jungkook looked at Yoongi who was still focused in on Taehyung. Jungkook took note of the way Yoongi's fists were down at his sides, he looked to be barely in control.

"First things first" Nari looked at Taehyung again and gave him a gentle smile. "Sweetie why don't you get up and join Kook on his bed and then we'll talk. And Yoongs honey, come over here, you're scaring the poor boy"

Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes but listened to his aunt nonetheless. Begrudgingly sitting himself down beside her with a huff. Watching through narrowed eyes as the boy on the floor lifted himself up and rejoined his cousin. This time space was between them which he appreciated.

"Mom, although I appreciate you coming over here.." he mumbled looking down not able to look up from his lap as he spoke to her "you could've knocked."

"We were worried" Yoongi answered for her, eyes boring holes into Taehyung who squirmed under the scrutiny.

Something about Jungkooks cousin made him uneasy. Taehyung knew he could hold his own against anyone, but Yoongi had him questioning himself. There was something in the man's eyes.

"Still hyung, I didn't give you my spare key for you to just barge in."

"Baby that's my fault. Joonie-bug called Yoongi about an altercation that possibly involved you. And you weren't answering your phone. Baby why didn't you tell us that an upperclassmen was bothering you?"

"Joonie.." Jungkook looked to his hyung feeling betrayed.

"No Jungkook, I told you I was going to tell Yoongs what was going on. And I did. Not to mention a rumor going around that Jae was in a fight with a freshman in your building, this floor" Namjoon answered.

Jungkook knew it was only a matter of time before Namjoon heard. He sighed and chanced a look at Tae who was looking down at his own hands, brows furrowed.

"It wasn't me" he spoke slowly eyes still on Taehyung. Tae sat beside him not opening his mouth, Jungkook wanted to scream at him to say something. "I mean it was, but..."

"Kook, Jae is a big guy. He boxes and I've seen him fight before, he's not someone to mess with. Which I've told you and that's why I wanted you to stay away from him, but you didn't listen."

"Baby, why wouldn't you listen to your hyung? What would I do if something happened to you again?" His mother's eyes teared up and her voice quivered at the end.

"Mom...I didn't fight him.." he couldn't see his mother this way. He knew she felt guilty for when he was younger. She blamed herself for not paying enough attention to him to notice what was happening to him. "Tae tell them" he pleaded to the boy next to him.

"It was me" Taehyung finally opened his mouth. He looked up from his hands and locked eyes with Jungkooks mother as he spoke. He heard the breath that Jungkook let out next to him, he reached out and held his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.