28

It all happened so quickly. One minute he's panicking, feeling so increasingly alone and then the next a hand is grabbing the back of his hoodie, yanking him backwards with a force that his feet fell from under him and his body connected with the ground, landing a couple feet from where he originally stood.

His right elbow took most of the blow, slowing down the momentum of the rest of his body that hit afterwards. A throbbing sensation shot itself upwards to his fingers and he cried out at the jolt. But instead of focusing on the pain, he was watching the fight unravel before him. The backs of his saviors, easily recognizable, as they took part in the chaos that they had also created.

Others had now also stopped their shopping to watch the five young men engage in their fight. Bodies and limbs flying about as the sound of fists connecting and voices screaming, overlapping each other making it hard to make out the words.

Jungkook jumped when fingers gripped around his upper arm and pulled him to his feet, Jimin stood next to him and lead him away from the war happening behind him. He knew Jimin was speaking to him but to him it sounded like a garbled mess coming from his mouth.

Looking back he caught the scene of Taehyung's knuckles colliding with Minjun's cheekbone, he winced himself when he noticed the crack in his skin around his knuckles, blood coming to the surface. His Yoongi hyung was just beyond Tae in a mess of his own, kneeing Jae in the gut while avoiding hits at the same time. And then the crowd covered the scene and he was back facing Jimin as he was pulled away from it and towards the exit of the mall.

How had it all happened so fast? That's all he could think at the moment.

They had gone for some retail therapy as Jimin called it and he invited his hyung along since Jimin had asked him to. Surprisingly Yoongi agreed and two hours in he had excused himself for the restroom.

Walking out, his phone chimed and he giggled aloud at the message.

Taebear🥵
Hurry back.
Your hyung is
blushing 🤢

Ah, the Jimin effect, although he was surprised that Jimin and his hyung were getting along so well.

Me
On my way

Pocketing his phone he nearly ran into the three bodies who had blocked his way. As he looked up his breath hitched at the familiar faces, two that haunted him and the third was slowly on its way there as well.

His fingers itched against his thighs, and his eyes darted between the three not knowing where to look or what to do. It had been years since he had seen the two, they looked different and yet the same. More taller, mature and their bodies filled out. He could only guess that they had met Jae at a gym and became workout buddies judging by their physiques.

"Oh. Wow!" Joon Woo commented while his eyes raked over him. "I got to say, when I first heard about you and Taehyung I was wondering why he would stoop that low but looking at you now, I see it. Shit Jeon, you're a fucking sight aren't you?"

He cringed at the words. Glancing behind him quickly he could see the store he had left the others in. It had to of been luck that he ran in to them now, if it had been just minutes sooner he would've been cornered in the bathroom. At least out here it was out in the open with people around, surely they wouldn't try anything, right?

"Told you guys" Jae chuckled next to him, his lips curling up as he smiled disgustingly towards Jungkook. "But he's a teasing little bitch, will give it up to others but then play innocent and make me work for it."