20

Startling awake, Jimin peeked his eyes open. He wasn't sure what woke him from his sleep, maybe it was the subconscious feeling of being watched. And he was right. With his eyes adjusting to the darkness of his room a silhouette formed, then the features of his friend clicked into place. Standing at the side of his bed, Tae's arms were crossed against his chest as he stared down at him.

"What the hell Tae?" Rubbing at his eyes and sitting up, Jimin reached for his phone. "It's not even morning yet" throwing his phone to the side he fell back down. "What are you doing?"

"Move over?"

"What?"

"Move over" Taehyung repeated.

"Ok?" Jimin moved to the side like Taehyung had suggested. "Why are you here? You know Kook is in your room right? Did you two fight?"

Not bothering to pull back the covers, Taehyung climbed on top and laid back amongst the pillows, looking at Jimin from the corner of his eye. "No"

"Then what the hell are you doing here?"

"Do you like him?"

"...what?"

"Do you like him?" He asked more sternly. Putting emphasis on 'like' and 'him'.

"...tae, it's complicated."

"It's really not. It's a simple yes or no." Rolling onto his side to get a better look at his friend Taehyung repeated the question. "Do you like him?"

Letting out a sigh, Jimin answered honestly. "I would be lying if I said that I didn't."

Taehyung felt his jaw clenching too tight, an ache forming. All he could do was stare into Jimin's eyes under the darkness of the room and see only sincerity reflecting back.

"I told you it's complicated. But listen to me Tae. You are my best friend, my brother and you know that I would never do anything to jeopardize that. You know that right?"

"Mmm"

"Then believe me when I say that although yes I may have developed a liking towards him but I would never try to come inbetween you two." Taehyung's hard look didn't change, his eyes were looking scared and hurt. Jimin didn't want this. "I admit that the touches and the flirting were maybe a little too much, but that had nothing to do with my crush. Ok? I just did it for fun, to mess with you. I promise."

"How long?"

"I...I'm not exactly sure. But you can't blame me, can you? I think I would be an idiot to not fall for him"

Sighing, Taehyung rolled back onto his back. Jimin was right. It wasn't his fault that he liked Jungkook, he couldn't hold that against him. Sometimes you had no say in who you fell for.

"I'm getting over it, slowly, but I am." Jimins voice was breaking as he spoke. Not because of what he was saying, but who he was saying it to.

"Jimin, I'm not mad at you. I knew what you were trying to do. It's what we always do to each other. Get under each other's skin, rile one another up."

"Yeah..." Jimin sighed out in relief. He couldn't be more thankful that his best friend was so understanding and forgiving. What he said was true, the subtle touches and the flirting was to piss Tae off, for fun. That being said, Jimin liked it. Being able to touch Jungkook this way, knowing he would never be able to actually touch him. Not like Taehyung did.

That was something he came to terms with. That night at the club, was when it happened. Watching Tae and Jungkook on the dance floor, them kissing. He had lied when he told Jungkook earlier that day that it was only attraction, it wasn't. It was more. He had grown feelings for the boy. But he promised himself to never act on them. That day he only confessed because he knew that the two weren't together yet, he would only live in regret if he never took the chance to shoot his shot as well. In the end he was rejected, and strangely he was ok with it.