Chapter 68꧁🥀✻☘✻☘🌷꧂

The next morning

5 A.M

A soft classical ringtone stirred you awake at an unusual hour. You felt the warmth radiating from your soulmate's arm, wrapped snugly around you. Attempting to manoeuvre gently out of his embrace to check the time, you found Hobi peacefully asleep. But as you glanced at the digital alarm clock on the nearby dresser, your tired eyes widened in shock.

Oh my gosh! The time on the clock made your face go pale. You hadn't expected your soulmate to stay over, and now he needed to return to his room before his sister Jiwoo or, worse, his father discovered them together. The mere thought was utterly embarrassing.

Your soulmate, however, was content not to sleep alone, and the both of you lost in the moment, had unfortunately drifted off in each other's arms.

"Hobi, darling..." you whispered into his ear. He squirmed in his sleep, eliciting a breathy snicker from you, but he remained soundly asleep. As you gently brushed his bangs away from his face, his features flushed, and your loving gaze lingered on his contented expression.

Attempting to rouse him again, you gently nudged his shoulder, but he remained unresponsive. Opting for a classic trick, you lightly brushed your lips over his half-open ones, causing Hobi to scrunch his nose in slumber. With a mischievous smirk, you nibbled playfully on his earlobe, stirring him from his sleep.

"Kira, I'm still exhausted," he murmured, pulling the duvet over himself, which made you giggle. You repeated the gesture, amused.

"Do you want Jiwoo-unnie to find us here? Our parents might hear about our little midnight fest," you teased softly in his ear.

At the mention of Jiwoo, Hobi's eyes shot open, still disoriented. Spotting you, he jolted up. "Oh my gosh! We fell asleep," he exclaimed, scanning the room in horror.

Hurriedly searching for his pyjamas strewn on the floor, he scrambled out of bed while you watched, finding his antics amusing.

"Kira, this is bad," he said, dressing quickly, and you chuckled softly.

"Don't worry, it's still dark outside. Sneak back to your room. Keitaro won't even notice," you reassured, trying to calm him down.

"I'll be in so much trouble with your dad," he grimaced, quickly crawling on the bed, cupping your face gently and softly and planting a morning kiss on your warm lips. "I almost forgot. Good morning, darling. I love you," he sighed deeply, smiling at you.

"Sorry that we can't have our early morning cuddle time... I'll make it up to you," he whispered regretfully before dashing out, cautiously peeking, and then leaving quietly, fearing discovery.

You shook your head in amusement and laughed softly, slipping back under the covers for more sleep.

Hobi tiptoed back to his room, relieved to find Keitaro sound asleep. The thought of Jiwoo, the early riser, catching him made him shiver; she'd use it as prime blackmail material, something to embarrass him at the worst possible moment.