England Vs Ireland

The buzz of Wembley is extraordinary. Nothing will ever prepare you for stepping out in front of a home crowd, especially at Wembley. It's magical. We were standing in the tunnel preparing ourselves to walk out. I'm wedged between Georgia and Keira with Lucy following closely behind. My mascots hand placed in mine. She was a little girl about 5 I would say, she had an England shirt with my name on the back. That's another surreal thing, people having my name on the back of their shirts.

I leant down and whispered in her ear "Are you ready?" She just smiled and nodded excitedly at me. And with that, we all started making our way onto the pitch, Katie leading her line and Millie ours. I immediately started scanning the crowd for my family. My dad, brothers and grandad were sat somewhere in the croud. A few of my best friends from school were here aswell. We began singing the national anthem, I love this part. I shook all the Irish teams hands before hugging my own teammates as we waited for Millie to do the coin toss.

As we were walking to our positions, I couldn't shake the bad feeling off. Less was walking next to me as we made our way up the pitch, she could clearly tell something was up as she just started reassuring me. The whistle blew, and we had most possession and a lot of shots but we couldn't get any of them to hit the back of the net. The first half ended 0-0.

We came to the second half with so much more power, I think we took Ireland by surprise if I'm honest. We won a corner about 5 minutes into the second half, Alex got ready to take it. The box was very crowded but I wasn't being to heavily marked. Alex put her hands up to signal she was about to take it, she kicked the ball into the box and everyone was scrambling to either get it into the goal or as far away from the goal as possible. I jumped up and just managed to catch the ball with my head and glide it towards the net. Grace tried to save it but the ball went over her hands. I couldn't really see to confirm it had hit the back of the net but the cheers from the stadium was enough confirmation.

After we were finished celebrating, Ireland started to really attack and we did well to keep the score 1-0. All of a sudden, the ball was at my feet and everyone was screaming at me to run. So I did. I'd skillfully swerved past all the Irish defenders in my way and I was convinced it was just me Vs the keeper.

Until, I was on the floor. My legs had been taken out from behind, whoever that was was definitely not aiming for the ball. Normally I would've got up and argued but I was in too much pain to even look up from the floor. The pain spiraled through my ankle. I could hear arguing and a few seconds later I felt a soft hand on my back. It was Less, accompanied by Ella and Georgia. She was reassuring me it would all be okay. Georgia called for the medics to come onto the pitch, where they helped sit me up. That's when I saw her. Katie McCabe, smirking down at me. I was stretchered away, unable to walk with an ankle injury. Katie got nothing, no red card, no a yellow card, not even a warning from the reff. I hate her, I officially hate her.

a/n: ooo, I can finally write about them hating each other now...