Training (katie pov)

I left my house later than usual this morning. I was hoping to avoid y/n as much as I could. I hurt her yesterday and that was making me feel bad enough but then to make it worse, I saw her leave training yesterday with a girl who wasn't Lessi or Kyra and then to make that even worse she posted a photo on her instagram story of two coffees.
I'd enjoyed my evening though, spending it with two of my best friends who helped get my mind off the crazy feelings I was feeling towards y/n. However, I hadn't got much sleep last night as I was trying to work out who the other person in her photo was.

I just wanted to stay in my bed all day but I knew that wasn't an option, so I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed and hobbled into my kitchen. I grabbed myself a bowl of cheerios and sat eating them in silence. That was until my phone started flashing. It was Kim ringing me.

"Hello?" I asked as I pulled the phone to my ear.

"KATIE!" Kim bellowed down the phone.

"What? It's too early for this Kimmy, stop shouting." I whispered as I rubbed my free hand over my forehead.

"Sorry!" She paused, "I just wondered where you were?" I just hummed. "Katie, training starts soon, get your ass down here." Kim said once more before hanging up the phone.

I finished spooning cheerios in my mouth before throwing my bowl into the dishwasher and heading upstairs to get changed. My drive to training was long and boring, the only sounds being the busy traffic and the light music coming from the radio. Once I had arrived, I quickly parked before noticing another car trailing along slowly behind me. I waited for them to park before getting out of the car. My tired eyes met with the only other pair in the car park; y/n's. She was the last person I wanted to see this morning, especially since I hadn't had chance to put any concealer on to cover up my eye bags. She was just staring at me, I was a bit confused so I simply broke eye contact and headed inside.

My walk to the changing room was quick and quiet but that was swiftly changed as soon as I pushed open the door and the girls' loud music filled my ears. I hurried over to my cubby and began getting undressed when Steph wondered over and plonked herself next to me.

"You're running a bit late today Katie." She pointed out the obvious.

"Yes, I slept in. Have you got any concealer I can borrow? I left mine and need something to cover up these." I asked, gesturing towards the black eye bags that were clinging onto my under eye.

"Yeah, here!" Steph replied as she threw a concealer at me before wondering off to chat to Beth and Viv.

I was putting the concealer on when the door being pushed open grabbed my attention. My eyes met y/n's for the second time today but she was the first to look away as she headed to join in on Beth, Viv and Steph's conversation. I watched as she hugged them each one by one and then laughed with them all. I couldn't watch for much longer, so I turned away and continued to blend my concealer. After I was finished, I curled my eyelashes and put on some pink-tinted lip balm before putting on my training kit. I was scraping my hair into one of my signature ponytails when Jonas entered the room.

"Right girls!" Jonas clapped his hands, grabbing everyone's attention, "everyone head outside. We will be doing a quick warm up before playing some small matches."

I put my arsenal zip up on before heading out of the changing room, with Jen and Alessia for company.

—————————————————————————
Warm up wasn't too difficult, we took a quick jog around the pitch before doing some light stretches. The rest of training was quite simple, we were put into teams and played small matches. I wasn't in y/n's team even though I had conflicting voices in my head, one saying I wanted to be on her team, the other saying I didn't. I had to ignore this feeling though. We did play against her though. The game wasn't rough at all, a very tame match. I didn't come across y/n at all as I played on the opposite side. We won all of our matches, including the one against y/n. This caused for celebration so Beth flung me on her back as we ran towards the changing rooms. We quickly reached the changing room and began dancing, the rest of the girls piling in behind us. Alessia bundled through the door, not long after y/n did, and joined in with mine and Beth's singing and dancing.

I eventually managed to pull away and put my clothes back on before walking out to my car with Cloe, lia and Vic. I rang Jordan on the way home so I didn't feel so lonely and asked if she was free to come over. She of course said yes and that she'd be at mine in half an hour.

So, as soon as I got home I quickly ran into the shower to wash my hair and face before waiting on my sofa for a knock on the door. When Jordan finally arrived, we sat on the floor in my living room, chatting, eating pizza and watching endless movies. I'm not sure how many hours passed but it was at least midnight when Jordan left to go home. I began to tidy up my house up a little bit, putting the pizza boxes away, fluffing up the pillows on my sofa, wiping the surfaces, hanging up clothes that were scattered all of over my bedroom floor, etc. I really didn't want to wake up to a messy house tomorrow.

It didn't take me long and I was soon tucked up in my bed after brushing my teeth, washing my face and getting changed of course. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through Instagram, I found it really interesting looking at what everyone was up to. I came across some other footballers posts and found myself scrolling through and liking them. That didn't last long though, because I found myself subconsciously clicking on y/n's story and just staring at the photo of her coffee. That same feeling rising throughout my body. I just want to know who is in that photo. I sat and stared at the photo for a good ten minutes before feeling a surge of anger spread through me. I threw my phone onto my bedside table and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't though.

I kept asking myself why I cared so much but I just didn't want to admit that maybe I don't hate her anymore.

A/n: I loved writing this. Y/n's pov of the same day coming soon...