Gym

Even though it's only been a day or so since I met Amy, we have been talking non-stop. We've become really close actually, but if I'm honest, I don't see us becoming anything more than friends. She's nice, don't get me wrong, but she's really not my type. I usually go for brunettes, in-fact I only go for brunettes. I've only dated one blonde in my life and that was a disaster. Anyway, I have no idea what to do about the Amy situation as I really don't want to lead her on, so I find my self confiding in my friends at breakfast.

"I feel bad" I spluttered out after swallowing a sip of apple juice.

"Bad? About what?" Kyra questioned.

"Amy" I muttered.

"Hmmm, I guess she's not your type" Lessi wondered.

"Far from your type" Kyra added.

"I wouldn't worry about it, maybe just tell her how you feel." Lessi suggested.

"Yeah, I will actually" I said, pulling my phone out of my pocket.
I simply told Amy I thought she was lovely but was only looking for a friend, to my surprise she agreed with everything I said. We were both happy to have made a new friend.

—————————————————————————

I arrived at training with a big smile plastered on my face after finally having the weight of leading Amy on taken off my shoulders. Me, Kyra and Lessi all climbed out of Kyra's car laughing our heads off at a silly comment Lessi had just made. As I popped my head out the door, I caught eyes with another blue pair, a pair I knew quite well: Katie mccabe's. She was smiling, laughing in fact as she also got out of her car accompanied by Caitlin foord. I weird feeling arose in my chest, I don't know why, I hate Katie. Was I confused that she was laughing for once or was I...no I couldn't be jealous. Why would I be? I hate her.

—————————————————————————

Training didn't last long, another light session today, we simply did some passing drills and a bit of shooting. Although, we only have a short break for lunch as we have a gym session to get to. Jonas said he's assigned us partners who will 'complement us'. Whatever that means.

I say on a table with Beth, Viv and Steph as we all sat in silence and tucked into our lunch. I had a chicken salad, Steph had a chicken sandwich and Beth and Viv shared some pasta dish. I found it quite amusing how the four of us were sat in silence while the rest of the room was full of laughter, I guess we just love our food.

I'd got caught up in the changing room while I was putting my arsenal jumper away and talking to Lessi, so the two of us were the last to enter the gym. I had kind of guessed a few people would be looking at us as i assumed they'd all have waited for us but I wasn't expecting absolutely everyone's eyes to be fixed onto me.

"What?" I laughed, "we're only a minute behind you all"

"It's not that" Beth added, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Right girls get into your partners, I'll let y/n know" Kim commanded.

"What? You're worrying me" I said as anxiety began bubbling away in my stomach.

"No, it's just..." Kim added.

"What Kimmy, spit it out" I joked

"Jonas partnered you with Katie, he said you'll work well together and your skills will complement each other" Kim paused and looked at me for an answer, "i promise it wasn't my choice" she added.

"Yeah I know it's not your fault." I said quickly as my eyes scanned the room for any sign of Katie. There she was, leaning against the bench press, laughing with Caitlin again. The feeling came back, the one from the carpark. What is going on?

"Katie, y/n's here now. Come on" Jonas shouted after literally coming from nowhere.
He handed me a training sheet and basically just told us to get on with it. Me and Katie trained in silence for the majority of the hour we were in the gym, other than the few snide remarks she made. Eventually, the agonisingly slow hour was over and we all made our way to the changing rooms to get ready to go home. I settled in my place next to Beth and watched as Katie, yet again, made her way over to Caitlin.

"Stop staring" Beth whispered in my ear as she poked my ribs.

"Are they together?" I whispered back, completely ignoring Beth's remark.

"I don't know y/n, but I do know that they'll catch you staring soon enough" she replied.

"Why do you care anyway" Leah joined in the conversation.

"I don't" I replied and quickly slung my bag over my shoulder and made my way to the car.

A/n: I know the Amy story line might not make sense now but it will in a minute, I couldn't be bothered to drag it out so it's a bit weird how it finished so abruptly but oh well. Plus this chapter I had to fit a lot in to get the book moving a bit.