Dinner

We didn't spend long in the changing room after the match. I sat next to Katie on the coach back to the hotel, we sat opposite Beth and Viv. Katie's hand rested comfortably on my upper thigh the whole way back, while we made conversation with the girls. Jen even roped us into filming a tik tok, it was hilarious to be honest.

When we got back to the hotel, Katie grabbed both of our kit bags and dragged them up to our room. Before I decided to get ready for dinner with Lessi and Kyra in their room, as it's kinda tradition at this point. We had the best time getting ready, singing and dancing crazily all around the hotel room.

When we finally arrived at the restaurant, most of the girls were already there. Me and Lessi immediately made our way over to Ella and Mary, embracing them both in ginormous hugs. After we'd all said hello, we made our way back down to the other end of the table. Where I made myself comfortable in between Katie and Lessi.

I had a really good conversation with Alex Greenwood while Katie and Lessi were invested in a conversation about weddings with Chloe Kelly. Even though we were both engaged in separate conversations, Katie kept her arm protectively on the back of my chair the whole time.

Eventually, the waitress came over and asked what we wanted to order.

"What can I get for you?" She asked as she turned to face Katie.

"Can I have this pizza please?" She asked gesturing to her menu.

"Good choice, that's my favourite!" The waitress replied, throwing a rather large smile in Katie's direction.

Weird.
I felt this weird feeling fill my body.

"And what can I get for you?" The waitress asked me as she lent over Katie's arm to grab my menu.

"Urm, I'll just have the same please" I replied quickly without even thinking.

"Okay then" She replied before continuing to take the rest of the girls orders. Our conversations all flowed brilliantly, me and Alex changed topics and began discussing the next international break.

"Are you okay?" Katie whispered as she lent over to my ear. I simply nodded my head and sent her a tight lipped smile in response before continuing my conversation with Alex. I honestly didn't know what was wrong me. Was I jealous? No, I don't get jealous. The whole interaction just made me over think, like what's even going on between me and Katie?

Nothing much happened for the rest of the meal, our waiter ended up being changed so that kinda solved my problem.

We hugged all the Manchester girls goodbye before deciding to walk back to the hotel. I was walking with Beth and Viv, listening intently to all the stories about the cheeky things myle had got up to recently. Katie was walking slightly ahead of us with Jen, Leah and Alessia. It wasn't long before she dropped back and walked next to me, joining in on our conversation.

"Who wasn't watching her?" Katie laughed at Beth's story on how myle ripped a pillow. Both Beth and Viv pointed at each other before we all burst out laughing.

Me and Katie were walking so close together, our hands kept brushing against one another. She kept leaning down and checking I was okay, it was really sweet. I loved seeing this other side to her. After our hands brushed for what felt like the hundredth time, Katie pulled me even closer to her and intertwined our fingers. A quick blush made its way over my cheeks. I looked up at her and was met with a bright smile.

"What are you smiling at?" Beth asked nudging Katie a little.

"Nothing" Katie replied as she looked at the floor, the smile stayed pressed into her face as she squeezed my hand.