Hangover

I'm so glad we haven't got training today, cause I don't know how the girls would cope. Even though I didn't get to drink much, Lessi, Kyra and the others did. I think Beth probably has it worse, being stuck at home with Viv after everything she drank last night. Me, Lessi and Kyra made an impromptu decision to leave the house. I have no idea where they actually plan on going but I pulled a hoodie over my head nevertheless.

"y/n, do you fancy coffee?" Kyra shouted up the stairs.

"sssshh!" Lessi scolded her, "my head"

"yeah, whatever you guys want" I replied, hopping down the stairs whilst trying to tie my shoe lace.

"coffee it is then" Kyra whispered, hoping to not get shouted at by Lessi again. I grabbed the keys to my car before the three of us stumbled out our front door.

It didn't take long for me to drive to the coffee shop as it's only round the corner. It's a beautiful place, a little white building, covered in flowers. The big brown doors that lead into the coffee shop are usually left open and have big brown lettering spelling 'the ivy' hanging above them.
The majority of the inside is painted white and is decorated with little brown wooden chairs and tables plus the odd sofa here or there. Even though the shop is cute and the coffee is on point, my favourite part about 'the ivy' is the little old lady who owns it, Edith. Edith designed the shop very well, it definitely fits her vibe. She's a sweet lady and as we often come to visit her on our days off, or if we have time before training. We have grown to know her quite well and she has definitely made us feel welcome.

This is why I was surprised when we walked through the door of the coffee shop and were greeted by a different smile. A young girl, around our age, with long blonde hair was standing behind the counter. She smiled at me as we walked through the building towards the back where we usually sit. The three of us were sharing light conversation, honestly just gossiping about the football world and our upcoming matches. I kept catching the eye of the lady behind the counter but she'd quickly turn away after she caught me looking.

"She's cute" Lessi whispered suddenly, referring to the girl behind the counter.

"Not really your type though?" Kyra replied quickly as she turned to look at me.

"I've not seen her before" I replied, trying to change the subject but failing miserably.

"Go on y/n, go order." Lessi replied, practically pushing me off the sofa.

"yeah okay" i paused after I stood up, "what do you want then?" I asked my best friends.

"usual please" they both replied, so I walked towards the counter. I could feel the girl's gaze on me and if I'm honest, it was making me nervous.

"hi" she said looking at me as I eventually reached the counter.

"hi" I paused again, "you're not Edith." I said with an awkward laugh, pointing out the obvious. I felt a quick blush spread over my cheeks as I mentally face palmed myself, nice one y/n.

"no, I'm not." she laughed, "She's my grandma's friend. I'm just helping out"

"aw, that's cute." I replied, smiling. I looked down at her apron trying to find a name badge of some sort, there wasn't one. I think she could read my mind or something as she stuck her hand out and introduced herself.

"I'm Amy by the way" I shook her hand, a funny feeling swarming my stomach.

"nice to meet you, I'm y/n" I replied. We continued chatting for a while before I eventually ordered our coffees and went to sit back down with Kyra and Lessi.

The three of us were simply just chatting, both of them mentioning Amy a few times.

"Why don't you just ask her out?" Lessi asked

"It won't hurt to have some fun y/n" Kyra added

"I'm sure she doesn't bite" Lessi continued the conversation while looking over at Amy. I simply ignored both of their comments and changed the subject.

Even though, I had convinced myself that I wanted nothing to do with a relationship and wanted to focus on my career, something about Amy made me rethink my decisions slightly.

I managed to get us to sneak out of the shop while Amy wasn't at the counter, despite my two best friends protests. I simply don't want any unnecessary pressure. What will happen, will happen.

We got home not much later, I was sitting on the sofa next to Kyra when a notification from Instagram popped up on my phone.

@alessiarusso99 tagged you in a story

"ALESSIA RUSSO!" I screamed as I jumped out of my chair and ran towards Lessi who was sitting on the bean bag in front of our sofa

"you're going to give people the wrong impression, I was only being friendly" I said as I hit her on the arm.

"sure, real friendly" Kyra laughed.

"hey!" I quickly turned around and jumped on Kyra, rugby tackling her into the sofa.

A/n: this is a bit of a chapter filler but I have loads of ideas on how this book will go. Sorry about the lack of updates, been very busy over Christmas.