Dinner

It's been a few days since I came to the realisation that I don't hate Katie anymore. I've been having a major mental battle with myself as I can't work out what to do about my feelings. Especially as she has 100% got something going on with Caitlin.

Kim has booked us a table for dinner tonight as we have this weekend off. This meant I could have a lie in, so best believe I didn't drag myself out of bed until around 11. As I stumbled through the kitchen door, I was greeted by my two best friend's happy faces.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Kyra sings as she sips her orange juice.

"Sleep alright?" Lessi asks me as she pours me a bowl of cheerios before handing it to me as I sit next to Kyra at our kitchen table.

"Yeah, good thanks" I replied as I spooned a bowl of cheerios into my mouth. I decided it had been a long while since I'd posted anything on social media so I gave the people what they wanted and snapped a quick photo to add to my story.

@y/n22 added to her story

The day practically flew by

The day practically flew by. Me, Lessi and Kyra actually managed to get a lot done, we did a food shop, cleaned and tidied the house before cracking on with some admin work. Before we knew it, it was time to get ready for dinner. I had no idea what to wear, as always. I sat on my bedroom floor for half an hour, pulling things out of my wardrobe before shouting "NO!" and throwing them onto the heap of clothes that had piled around me. Nothing looked right, I knew deep down in my mind I wanted something that would impress Katie but I just wouldn't let myself admit that. After a while, I decided on a pair of jeans and a sparkly top. I then tried to curl my hair but nothing was going right so I had to slick it back into a ponytail before moving on to my makeup.

"Y/n, we are going to be late." Kyra muttered as she stormed into my bedroom.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming." I replied whilst shoving my lipgloss into my bag before jumping off my chair and racing Kyra down the stairs.

The drive to the restraint was quick but thanks to me, we were the last to arrive. I parked the car and the three of us climbed out. I was kind of nervous to see if Katie and Caitlin would be sitting next to each other, luckily for me they weren't. We walked up to the table along the back of the restaurant where all the girls were. The girls all stood up to greet us.

"Woah, y/n! You look hot!" Leah exclaimed as she grabbed my hand and span me around. A small blush crept up my cheeks but I just laughed, one of, my best friend's comment off, as I felt a pair of eyes burn into my back. Lessi found a seat next to Katie, while Kyra perched herself with Lotte so I took the only remaining seat next to Leah, which just happened to be opposite Katie and Lessi.

Conversation was flowing before a waiter came over to take our drinks orders. She went over to the other side of the table before coming and standing behind me, placing a hand on my back.

"What can I get you?" She whispered

"Umm, I'll just have an espresso martini please." I replied as I shut my menu and placed it back in front of me.

"Good choice" she winked at me as she turned to take Katie's order. After she'd finished taking the rest of our orders and returned to the kitchen, Leah turned to face me and gave me a funny look.

"What was that all about?" She questioned, hitting my arm lightly whilst giggling.

"Nothing." I shrugged

"Come on, y/n. She was definitely flirting with you." Leah replied, smirking. That's when I turned to look at Katie, to find her already burning her eyes into my face. She was too focused on me to notice Lessi waving a hand in front of her face.

"Katie? Katie mate?" Lessi whisper-shouted as she continued to wave a hand in front of her face.

"Yeah, yeah. What?" Katie jumped a little before replying.

"You seamed a little out of it then." Leah joined in on the conversation.

"No, it was nothing," Katie stood up, "I'm going to the toilet."

"Weird" Leah muttered under her breath, before continuing our conversation from before. I wasn't really listening though, all my focus was on Katie as she made her way to the toilet. She looked angry. I was snapped out of my thoughts though when I saw Lessi and Jordan whispering before Jordan got up and followed Katie into the bathroom.

The waiter came back with our drinks before she took our food orders, just after Jordan returned from the bathroom with Katie following closely behind. The rest of dinner flew by, the waitress came back over a lot more than necessary to check that everything was okay and she was definitely flirting with me. If I'm honest, I quite enjoyed it and as we got further into the night, despite Katie's stares, I started to enjoy myself and flirt back a little bit. When we were all finally finished, I made eye contact with the waitress and asked for the bill.

"Hey, can we get the bill please?" I asked as she walked over towards me.

"Yes of course, pretty girl" she replied as she smirked at me before walking off.

"Who wants to go clubbing?" Viv all of a sudden shouted from the other side of the table, but Beth quickly put a stop to that idea. The waitress brought over the bill and we all had a debate over how to pay, we ended up just splitting the bill evenly before putting our jackets out and making our way out of the restaurant.

The rest of the girls made their way out of the restaurant quite quickly but me and Katie stayed behind as we were engrossed in conversation. We've actually been getting a long quite well recently, and it's just making my confusing feelings for her grow. Just as we reached the door, the waitress from earlier came running up behind us.

"Hey, sorry. I was just wondering if I could get your number?" She asked me confidently. I was a bit lost for words as I really like Katie but I don't know how likely it is that she like me back.

"Ummm-" I replied as Katie just stared at the girl looking angry and I'm convinced there was a glint of jealousy in her eyes.

"She has a girlfriend" Katie replied harshly before storming out of the restaurant, leaving me and the waitress star struck.

"Sorry, I didn't know" the waitress replied as she lowered her head and walked off. I didn't know what to say I didn't want to agree with what Katie had said because there was nothing romantic going on between us, other than the major crush I have on her. But, I also didn't want to deny it as part of me wished it was real, so I just ran out of the restaurant to catch up with Katie. But as soon as I swung the door open, i wish I hadn't. The cold air hit me with a bang and I began to shiver as I noticed that Katie was walking with Caitlin, Caitlin's arm slung tightly over her shoulder. I don't know why I thought what Katie said would mean anything, I forgot she's with Caitlin.

I was too busy thinking about Katie and Caitlin that I didn't notice when Katie slowed down and came to walk next to me.

"Are you cold?" She asked, as she turned to look at me.

"No, I'm okay" I replied, trying not to shiver.

"Here," Katie cut me off by throwing her jacket over my shoulders.

A/n: finally they're getting a bit closer and jealous Katie is definitely coming out. Plus a cute little moment at the end!! Wooo! Next chapters instagram again but then it'll start getting good