Coffee

Since we had a match yesterday, we are only in for recovery today. Only for the morning so we have the afternoon free to do whatever we like. Jonas said it's so we can rest but I don't think any of us will even be thinking about resting.
When we got home yesterday, Amy messaged me and asked if I wanted to meet up for a coffee after training. I obviously said of course. As much as I love all my 'football friends' it's been nice to have a friend outside of football. Me and Amy message almost everyday and she's actually given me some helpful advice when it comes to Katie, it's been nice to hear an opinion from someone who doesn't know her.

Me, Kyra and Lessi set off for training and arrived just on time. We made our way to the changing room, I prepared myself for the room to be full of loud laughter and probably a lot of singing. It was. We pushed the door open and everyone was clearly still buzzing from yesterday's win. Most of the girls were in the middle of the changing rooms singing their hearts out to a few of our chants but some were on the sides rushing into their kits. I pushed my way through the group of girls and towards my cubby where I quickly got changed before I was dragged to join in on the singing by Beth and Viv. To be fair, we were all having a blast and I hadn't seen Katie or Caitlin have even the slightest interaction so that was a win in my books. All of a sudden, Jonas burst into the room and our late celebrations were cut short.

"Right girls, come on you can party later. We have recovery to do." He stated, "Now, head to the gym and start working on the rehab cards that I've had placed in your lockers. The physios will be down there if you need anything aswell."

We did as we were told and the changing room became empty very quickly. I walked down to the gym with Beth, Viv and Steph while Kyra, Lessi and Leah walked together. Katie was in front of us walking alongside Jen. It obviously didn't take us long to walk to the gym as it's only down the corridor. I started with a light jog on the treadmills with Lessi before moving onto the bikes with Viv and then continuing the rest of my card which consisted of: stretches, some weights and finally the bench press. I completed most of my tasks quite easily and was only left with the bench press. I picked up my water and walked towards the bench press, not acknowledging who was standing right next to it. I placed my water bottle on the floor and sat on the bench press before I got a fright when my eyes met Katie Mccabe's.

"Do you need me to spot you?" She asked as she crouched down to my height.

"Uh, yes please" I replied

"Come on then" she added, moving herself so she was positioned behind the piece of equipment.

It was all going surprisingly smoothly on the bench press but of course, that didn't last long. Katie had encouraged me to push myself, which probably wasn't the best idea since my arms were very tired. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't have agreed to it but I felt this urge to impress Katie, so I stupidly agreeed. I was pushing myself hard when Katie got distracted by someone and stopped watching me, this is when I dropped the weights on my chest. She didn't turn around to face me until she heard the loud crash of the weights falling on my chest and then off the bars and rolling down to my ankles and trapping them. I let out a loud shriek, alarming all the girl.

"What the fuck Katie?" Leah said as she hobbled behind the rest of the girls, who were running, over to the bench press.

I couldn't bare to look up, I was in pain, I snapped my eyes shut to try and remove the tears that were threatening to spill. Luckily, someone lifted all the weights off me and the physios checked me over and said I was all good.

The rest of recovery was spent in the ice baths and Lessi, Beth and Leah didn't leave my side once. I didn't know why Katie had got distracted, but I could probably guess. Caitlin. The funny thing was, every time I looked at Katie, I thought I could see a little hint of guilt in her eyes.

When training was finally finished, we all headed to the changing rooms, where I got changed into a simple tracksuit ready for my coffee with Amy.
She picked me up outside and we headed straight to 'the ivy'. I ordered an iced coffee and Amy said she'd have the same. Funnily enough, conversation wasn't awkward in fact me and Amy got on really well.

"So, how was training then?" She asked as she took a long sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, it was alright" I paused, "just the usual recovery." I responded

"I feel like you're not telling me something" she replied

"Well, Katie was spotting me" I muttered and Amy gave me a look while she raised her eyebrows.

"She got distracted, by who I can only assume was Caitlin." I sighed, "and all the weights fell on my chest." I rushed

"Oh" Was all Amy could reply as she reached over and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder  before changing the subject.

We talked for a long while, not noticing how many hours had passed by. Before Amy's phone rang, pulling us out of our bubble. I listened intently trying to work out who she was on the phone to. It was her sister, clearly reminding her of something.

"Oh, I'm so sorry y/n. I forgot I'm meeting Lola for dinner." Amy rambled as she pulled a face. Amy had met Lola in this exact coffee shop a few days after me and her met, they hit it off instantly and with my help Amy finally asked her on a date. 

"Have fun!" I winked as we both got up and she pulled me into a hug before running out of the coffee shop. "But not too much fun!" I called after her.

I quickly rang Lessi and asked if she could come pick me up as I forgot I had no way of getting home. She obviously agreed and was with me in about 5 minutes. The ride home was quick as we sat there listening to Taylor swift.

I opened my phone to add a photo of our coffee's to my intagram story when I was met with a post I really didn't want to see, especially with all these crazy feelings I've been having lately.

Liked by @caitlinfoord, @jordannobbs, @stephcatley and 116,307 others @katie_mccabe11 had the best time today with my girls @jordannobbs @caitlinfoord

@katie_mccabe11 had the best time today with my girls @jordannobbs @caitlinfoord

@jordannobbs love you

@stephcatley 😍😍

@leahwilliamsonn looks lush Katie 🔥

@caitlinfoord 💗

—————————————————————————
I simply swiped past without a second look and added this to my story

@y/n22 added to her story

A/n: another update for you all! Happy new year!