Away

I woke up with a bright smile on my face after the events of last night. A little part of me was confused though, I have no idea where this leaves us now. I turned over to find Katie's bed empty, neatly made though. I managed to crawl out of bed and find my way to the bathroom where I quickly washed my face and got ready for breakfast.

I could hear the loud noises coming from the canteen before I was halfway down the corridor, the girls are clearly excited about the game later. As I pushed open the heavy canteen door, I was met with a sight that I more or less expected, the canteen tables were all full with happy-looking arsenal players chatting away.

"Y/n!" Lessi shouted as I made my way over to her table, which consisted of her, leah, Beth, Laura and Kyra.

"Alright?" I questioned as I sat down in the empty seat in between her and Kyra.

"Y/n, come get food with me! I'm starving!" Kyra stropped like a toddler as she pulled me up from my chair.

"Alright, alright. Chill!" I said as I spooned some fruit salad into two bowls before handing one to Kyra.

Katie was sat at a table with Caitlin, Stina, Cloe on the other side of the room. The conversations at breakfast were all about the game later, honestly nothing too interesting. I get on quite well with the majority of the Man City girls so I'm quite excited to see them all. It wasn't long until I found myself on the bus, I wasn't sat next to Katie though. In fact, I haven't really seen her since last night. I was squashed up against the window by Kyra who had her legs all over me and kept poking me. We both had my AirPods in and were quietly humming along to my 'game day' playlist until we arrived at the stadium.

We were standing in the tunnel preparing ourselves to walk out and I could feel the buzz from the fans already. I suddenly feel two hands on my shoulders, it was Katie. She bent down and whispered "good luck" in my ear before placing a small kiss on my neck. I could practically feel her smirking against my neck, she knows she drives me crazy. I quickly put my game face on as we begin to walk out onto the pitch.

The whistle blew, and we had most possession and a lot of shots but we couldn't get any of them to hit the back of the net. However, the little possession Manchester City had, they used well. Ending the first half 1-0.

No one was relatively happy during our half-time talk and we all knew we needed to work harder. That was difficult though as in the 4th minute of the second half, Lauren hemp scored her second goal. Leaving it 2-0. That didn't last long though as i received a beautiful pass from Katie, easily dribbling past Man City's defence I crossed the ball to Alessia who slotted it in the goal. 2-1. We all of a sudden brought a lot more power to the game, that goal was definitely what we needed. We were attacking and I think we were starting to annoy the Man City defenders as they started to get a lot harsher. After Caitlin was brought down in the penalty box, we were awarded a penalty. I was quickly passed the ball and told not to waste anytime, so I didn't. I made my decision and quickly shot the ball at the top left corner. As hard as Ellie tried to save it, the ball just brushed over her fingertips. The stadium erupted with cheers before I'd even acknowledged that it was now 2-2. The game ended up finishing 2-3 to us, thanks to Beth's beautiful goal in extra time.

We went round and shook all of the Man City players hands. Lauren hemp engulfed me in a huge hug while I congratulated her on her goals. Chloe Kelly was next and then of course Esme Morgan. I love the Man City girls, they're all so sweet. I then said "goodbye" and "see you later" before I went to congratulate my own teammates, I gave Kyra a hug while Lessi thanked me for the assist. The three of us walked around the pitch together, thanking all the fans who travelled.

I hadn't seen Katie until I was talking to some fans. Lessi and Kyra had gone off somewhere else and I was talking to these three teenage girls about school while signing their shirts. I quickly felt a presence behind me but I wasn't quite sure who it was, that was until they placed their hand on my shoulder and I quickly swivelled around as my eyes met with Katie's.

"Alright girls?" She asked the fans I was talking to. They just screamed a little before asking her to sign their shirts.

I was about to make my way down the tunnel when Katie grabbed my wrist and yanked me in the other direction.

"Hey!" I swatted at her arm.

"Come on, my sisters are here" she replied as she continued to drag me over to them.

"Oh, yay!" I giggled as I wriggled out of her grip and skipped over to her family.

"Y/n!" Lauryn squealed as she noticed me, I waved back at her before waiting for Katie to catch up to me.

When we reached her sisters, I lent over the barrier and gave Lauryn a hug and thanked her for coming before doing the same with Ella. They both congratulated me on my goal and Katie reminded them of the 'banging' assist as she called it.

"How long are you down for then?" I asked Lauryn as Katie was talking to Ella.

"Only the rest of the week, we have school and stuff." Lauryn replied, dramatically rolling her eyes.

"You only have a year left, just try your hardest." I replied. Me and Lauryn kept talking about school before our conversation moved onto Katie. I felt a hand rest on my lower back. I looked up and was met with Katie's smirk. She knows what she's doing.

"Whatcha talking about?" Katie questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing" I sang as I turned my head to look towards the tunnel, Jonas was beckoning that it was time to go so I quickly finished our conversation.

"You can have my shirt if you want?" I asked Lauryn as Katie was hugging her family goodbye.

"Omg, yes please" Lauryn replied as I pulled my shirt over my head.

"Here, it might be a bit sweaty" I laughed as I passed it to her before hugging her and Ella goodbye.

Me and Katie both waved as we walked across the pitch and towards the tunnel. She wrapped her sub coat around me as I 'looked cold'. The fans were all cheering and shouting our names.

"Hi" I waved at the fans as I zipped up Katie's coat.

Instagram was going crazy over mine and Katie's interactions today.

Liked by @y/nfan, @woso12 and 12,042 others @woso_news y/n and Katie were spotted with Katie's family after the match, they seamed really close

@woso_news y/n and Katie were spotted with Katie's family after the match, they seamed really close.

@katiemccabefan there's defo something going on...

@y/nfan did you see Katie give y/n her coat?
~@woso_news yeah that was so cute

@woso12 they looked really close throughout the match too

A/n: a nother chapter finally