Chapter 4 ~ fake lover ~

Nate spent the following morning meeting with different suppliers and haggling over costs then after the fine details had been ironed out he decided to go straight home. He didn't know if the guy called Dean would turn up at the coffee shop again but he really couldn't be bothered with him today.

After the incident in the coffee shop yesterday, Nate had felt so guilty and foolish but after Dean's behaviour in the club last night all bets were off. Nate didn't want to fall out with the guy so he thought the best option was to avoid him today then he would probably get the picture.

What had his friend Tan called him, Dean's future wife and hadn't his sister said he liked to tease people, was this his way of extracting revenge for Nate's genuine mistake? Maybe after last night Dean had realised that he couldn't be manipulated so perhaps he wouldn't show up again?

Jumping in his car he called the coffee shop to check in and when he was confident that everything was running smoothly he informed the person who had picked up the call that he wouldn't be in until the following day.

He decided to call at the grocery store to stock up on necessities before driving home and he was just getting his groceries from the boot when his cell phone rang, seeing the caller id he quickly answered.

"Hayden, how's married life treating you?" Nate smiled.

"it's the best Nate, Dominic say's hi by the way"

"likewise, I guess you're still in the office then?"

"yeah but we have a little free time so I thought I'd call to see how you're doing?" Hayden said.

"really, or is it because Korn's been in touch?" Nate said.

"you got me, he called me this morning yapping on about some guy called Dean, said he looks like my twin and that he was acting all possessive with you, anything you want to tell me bro?" Hayden asked.

"not really, I met him in the coffee shop yesterday and at first I thought it was you then after the confusion he wanted to take me to dinner but I refused and then last night, Korn, Miki and I went out to try a new club and who should happen to be there but Dean and his friend"