Chapter 17 ~ healing ~

Man had tended to Dean's injuries and sutured his lip after applying an iodine wash and he advised him to keep it clean and to only eat soft foods and applying vaseline in a day or two would also help.

He told him the sutures would start to dissolve in 7 - 10 days and there would probably be a small scar but it would fade over time. He wasn't a doctor but he'd witnessed enough trauma over the years and he paid attention.

Dean thanked Man and Man dropped him off at Dominic and Hayden's place where Gunny and Lam got back into their own cars and everyone parted company. Chit, Phil and Richie had long gone after promising they would all get together some time for a drink.

Dean went up in the lift to the penthouse apartment and as soon as the doors slid open Nate ran up to him fussing over him like a mother hen.

"you never told me you had a busted lip, those bastards, can you eat?, I'll make you some porridge, Hayden, help me get him to the sofa" Nate called his friend over to help.

"it's ok baby, I can walk" Dean smiled and ruffled his hair. 

"how's it going Dean?" Dominic asked walking over to greet his guest.

"I'm ok and thank you for sending the guys for me Dominic" Dean said looking at Dominic knowingly.

"you're welcome, stay here until you get your own guys around you" Dominic said.

"you sure, I don't want to intrude" Dean said.

"We're partially to blame because the intended target was Hayden, we should take responsibility plus that's what friends do" Dominic said.

"why did they want him anyway?" Nate asked Dominic?

"who knows? maybe to get to me, maybe blackmail or maybe just because they know we've been after them for a while and we've been screwing up their drops and causing them to lose a lot of money" he replied.

"I'm sorry bro' I wish it had been me, I know you can hold your own but I'm better trained to manage situations like that" Hayden said feeling guilty.

"anyway, let the guy get washed up before he eats, Nate, go and help your husband bathe"  Dominic said making Nate blush and Dean smile.

"Hayden, you help me make some porridge" Dominic said to his own husband.

"yes boss" Hayden saluted.

"watch it baby, I might not have said anything about the kiss but you can still be punished.

"how did you know anyway?" Hayden asked him.

"hmm whether or not to tell you?" Dominic said smiling.

"well, are you gonna'?"

"I don't mind telling you, I have so many other methods at my disposal anyway" Dominic shrugged before continuing,

"remember the app I installed on your phone, it has audio too, when you suddenly dashed off to see Nate that morning I was curious as to what the problem was so I listened in" Dominic replied unashamedly.

"you, you can get rid of that app right now!" Hayden said angrily.

"no, not going to happen baby, I need eyes and ears on you at all times, if it had been you today, we would have been able to trace you within minutes"

"a great excuse for invading my privacy" Hayden said sulking.

"hey, if it's innocent there's nothing to hide, I knew about the kiss all this time and did I say anything?"