Chapter 19 ~ advice ~

Nate was getting ready to go to work and had called Hayden to ask if they could meet up.

"I'm a bit pushed bro' we're working on a case at the moment, can you come to the office?" Hayden said.

"perhaps if you're busy I shouldn't bother you?" Nate had replied, his issues weren't as important as Hayden's work.

"nagh, I still get breaks you know" Hayden laughed.

"then ... if you sure, I'll pop round" Nate said.

"ok, just give me a quick text when you get here and I'll sneak away" Hayden said.

It was a few days after he and Dean had shared dinner with Dean's mother and sister Rosie and he couldn't help feeling like a bit of a fraud creating problems where there were none, was it such a big problem?

He was second guessing his own feelings here wondering if he was making something out of nothing?

He knew that Dean was a big shot in America and he knew he was wealthy, just how wealthy he had no idea but after the abduction he could also understand Dean's need for security. His problem was, did he love Dean enough to put up with a gang of dudes following them everywhere they went.

Even when Dean came to sleep over, a guy had to come into his condo' and check it for bugs or devices even though he was already in there. It made Nate feel like Dean didn't trust him but of course Dean said they were just following procedures.

Afterwards, a guard would stand at the door of his condo' all night, privacy being a thing of the past. Something else that bothered him was he couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched but when he looked around he couldn't see anyone or anything out of the ordinary.

He also felt uncomfortable when Dean would try and hug him or kiss him with his security watching every move, so much so that even Dean had noticed his withdrawal.

Nate set off to work and opened up the coffee shop and everything proceeded normally, he usually opened up in the mornings and his staff would shut shop at night. After turning all the lights on and starting up the machines he started bringing the chilled items from the large industrial fridges to the counters at the front of house.

Making sure the sachets of sugar and creamer were stocked up he then went to check to see if any biscuits were out of date. He wouldn't throw them out though, he and the staff would take them home.

One by one, his staff started to arrive and donning their barista aprons they would make themselves a cup of coffee and catch up with each other before the day began. When they finally opened the doors a steady stream of office workers poured in, some with a long list of orders for their colleagues, others just needed a shot to get going.

This was where he was happiest, an unassuming existence without any trappings, a nice carefree life but unfortunately things couldn't go back to the way they were before he'd met Dean. 

The only way that could happen was if they ended things and Nate wasn't ready to go to that extreme just yet. First he had to talk to Hayden and see if he could come up with a solution, a way where he could co-exist with Dean.

A humble coffee shop owner of little importance and a billionaire with round the clock security, when he thought of it like that, they were doomed.

Lunchtime arrived and he was glancing out of the front window when he saw Dean's car draw up outside along with another car filled with security. Grabbing his coat, he told his staff he was popping out and ran through the kitchen to the back door.

Running down the alley behind his shop he jumped on a passing bus and sat down sighing with relief, he couldn't face those security guys right now. His cell phone beeped and there was a message from Dean.