Chapter 9 ~ dinner date ~

Nate woke up and after taking a couple of minutes to get his bearings he grabbed a spare pillow sinking his face into it's comforting softness, not that it could make him feel any better when he remembered the events of the previous evening.

How could he let Dean kiss him like that and as if that wasn't enough he had allowed his hands to roam freely across his body, the guy must be thinking he was so easy. Nate had agreed to go to dinner with him later and he couldn't really think of an excuse to get out of it.

Climbing out of bed, he went to check his phone which had been charging all night and discovered that there were a couple of messages from Hayden, one from Dean and one from Miki. Dean wrote that he had enjoyed the cocktail party and couldn't wait for dinner.

Miki had asked how Hayden's party had gone and Hayden was asking how he was, saying he wanted all the juicy details and the second text was reprimanding him for not letting him know he was back home safely.

Nate replied to Miki first saying that it had been a fun evening and leaving it at that, then he had replied to Dean saying that he had enjoyed himself as well and the final one was to Hayden apologising for forgetting to let him know he was home.

No sooner as he had pressed send, a call came in.

"good morning Hayden"

"don't you 'good morning' me, so ... did Dean manage to catch up with you?" Hayden asked.

"yes and what about you giving him my home address?" Nate said.

"sorry, I didn't know it was a state secret bro, you should have said before leaving"

 "I wasn't aware I would need to, it's like an unwritten rule" Nate scolded his friend.

"yeah I know bro but I made an executive decision on your behalf, he's a good guy Nate, don't let him slip away over foolish reasoning" Hayden replied.

"why can't anyone understand where I am coming from with this?" Nate snapped at Hayden, it was the last thing he needed before he'd even had his first coffee of the day.

"woah, chill dude, right I'm coming over" Hayden said hanging up.

Nate put his phone down and went to get washed up before dressing and heading to the kitchen to make himself a hot drink and some toast. He was halfway through breakfast when Hayden walked into the kitchen after letting himself in.

"help yourself to coffee" Nate said as he munched on his buttered toast.

Hayden walked across to the counter and after selecting a coffee pod, he popped it into the machine, slipped a mug beneath the outlet and pressed the start button. When his coffee was done, he grabbed the mug and went to sit next to Nate at his breakfast bar.

Taking a few sips of his coffee in silence, it was a few minutes before either spoke,

"ok spill, what's really on your mind?" Hayden said.

"I don't want you to hate me?" Nate replied.

"why the fuck should I hate you Nate, we've been friends since we were kids"

Nate took a deep breath and slowly exhaled,

"ok so, about Dean, yes I like him, yes I am attracted to him, he kissed me last night Hayden and I ..."

"you?"

"I got fucking hard ok!"

"so ..., isn't that how it should be?" Hayden asked.

"you still don't get it though do you?" Nate said.

"then explain it to me in a way I can understand"